Best Answer

Before a signoff for the year - working with hidden training materials

• 23 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have a course that I would like to hide training materials because the material is older. I want to keep the training intact and not disrupt the learning records or really add another course and force the folks that are working with it to need to remember to report on two courses.

Cool...I read up on how to work with hidden training materials and I get this….

Hidden Material

In the Hidden section, you can flag the option to hide the training material from learners enrolled in the course. This may be necessary if the training material is no longer relevant to your training needs. Perhaps your company has modified its training plan, or you've uploaded new content. In these scenarios, deleting the material from your platform means you will delete all of the tracking data, thus changing the data and status of completion for some users. It may be useful to simply hide the material from learners instead.

Additionally, please note that hidden training material will not be counted towards course completion for learners that never saw the material. If you have updated a course's content and hidden a training material, it will only count towards course completion if a user completed it before it was hidden. Otherwise, users that are accessing the course after you hid the material will not need to complete this material before completing the course.

Cool - that sounds good (sorry about the self convo 😁). What happens for the people that are in progress with those training materials that are hidden? Are they now stuck? I also have the training material wired in such a way that they were locking themselves down after 2 attempts. Do I have to (in a not so perfect order of operations)

• unlock all of the training materials for those folks in progress
  • then hide the older materials
  • then email those in progress to let them know about the training materials being reset and the newer materials being available

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 December 2022, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @dklinger we use this a lot...it will hide the learning object so your users in progress will no longer see it…

Please make sure to test this thoroughly as I saw some recent behaviour changes with these features that Docebo are saying “work as designed”

A few months ago, I could set the publish dates and have the object hidden, then on the ‘publish from’ date, the object would appear and become active. Then on the ‘publish until’ date, it automatically locked and hid the object.

This is no longer the case. If you only set the publish dates, the object will appear as being active on the admin side (the green check mark remains green). It DOES hide the object, it’s just confusing on the admin side as it was previously greyed out. Using the “hide” option has the same effect but the checkmark turns grey.

Just something to watch for when testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab - this is great news. A question - do you have materials that are limiting their attempts? What happens if we hide those that are in progress that have the training material currently locked? Will it allow them to work with that next set without much fuss?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes it will...they just cant get back to the old object. Once it’s unpublished, it acts like it isn't there so course completion is based on the active objects only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

nice - so one more note - those that ARE completed? - they will not be disrupted, right? There is no way to change the enrollment status of completed to something else once a training material inside is marked as completed?