Design inspiration: Creative ways to design your homepage

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Are you struggling to promote content on the homepage? I’ve been using comslider for a while and it works great. Have a look here 

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, this looks amazing!

Works on mobile? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A follow question as well? Linking inside to content and pages - have you all had any luck with comslider? I hit this question in another thread, but I figure to cover my bases.

I am serving it up pretty successfully on page without a problem.

If you are using comslider, remember that it is not actually part of the page you are on, so it is as if linking form a different website, you need to use full links.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Adam Ballhaussen - are there any plans to provide “template” home pages that could include a slider like this at the top?  There are plenty of us that would love to use this but at the same time have zero skills in making this happen or fixing issues that could come up.  Having a widget or a home template page that includes several different set ups that other users have would be a great way for many of us to use what others have done in an easy way.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@pcarr - hey good morning/afternoon.

There are examples all over in the community - but there is a set of template pages that are out there that is available as part of the product. I often rush by it quickly….but when you go to build a page, you can take on one of three to four templates.

That said, I think as a widget that is internal to the platform? Something like this is “necessary” and “overdue”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow, this looks amazing!

Works on mobile? 

Not really. 🙄

With css only sliders growing in popularity, maybe it will become more of a non-issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wow, this looks amazing!

Works on mobile? 

Not really. 🙄

With css only sliders growing in popularity, maybe it will become more of a non-issue.

Except you lose some potential that way unfortunately….i.e. same code loaded onto all home pages, but based on page URL, different content displayed which is stored centrally and can be scheduled. (I do this with a bunch of courses currently for frequently updated content and am working on one for a slider so that groups of people can manage and update the content via a Sharepoint list without Admin access to Docebo and without needing to edit 20 homepages)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here’s my latest, scrolled down slightly so you can see my channels and activity stream. Logo is customized per-branch by iframes (desktop only)