Discover, Coach, & Share - Best Practice

• 21 July 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

As some of you may know, before joining Docebo, I spent more than 10yrs teaching English (in China and here in Italy). As the years and courses went by, I increasingly started to appreciate the value of learner contributions and the impact it had on the course didactics.

As I did my onboarding in Docebo and learned about Discover, Coach, & Share (DCS), I realized why the 70/20/10 model was so important to the way we learn - I can even give a million examples of this with my own experiences as a CXM but also language learning while living abroad.

The biggest challenge I’ve seen with DCS is getting started. I’ve collected a few resources that I typically share with my clients to review, but would love to get the input from the Community to see if there are more things to consider.

Some general questions to consider when planning to launch DCS:

• Who are our experts?

• What topics for our channels?

• Visibility for the channels to which user sets (branches/groups)?

• What permissions do we want for contribution?

• Gamification elements connected to DCS? (contribution, asset engagement)

• Reporting (built-in reports available)

• Use Docebo Discover? (Yes or No?)

Some of the “best practice” questions that often come up around are also work mentioning:

1. What suggestions from other customers who have successfully implemented DCS and have had great adoption within their organizations?

• Key actions these groups took to ensure success: They collaborated as a group and with their learners on which channel topics were important as well as the rollout strategy.

• Implementation milestones/processes: This is dependent on the timeline of the project. Start with a pilot group and collect their feedback. Consider using DCS (Google Form works well) to capture this information and iterate as needed.

• Roadblocks to overcome: Enablement of end-users on how DCS works and why it's so great! I'd advise making your own demo video (Shape?) at some stage to promote it when you launch.

• Who do clients involve to ensure adoption: Successful clients and programs leverage team leaders and sponsors to help drive the contribution of content. You can't just "turn it on" and hope people figure it out; it needs guidance and some examples to help get the ball rolling (and stay that way!)

• Length of time it took other customers to adopt the features: as above; depends on how you're enabling the users - or incentivizing them (gamification).

2. Docebo resources/guidance for successfully implementing these capabilities:

• Work with your CX rep for more info
  • ASK IN THE COMMUNITY!!!! 

• Case Studies with our friends at Hawkeye and Take5 Oil Change 

So, Community… Anything that I’m missing that you’d suggest to clients who are looking to launch DCS and social learning? How would you suggest measuring the success of this kind of initiative?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!