Question

Functionality for tracking new learner training requests?

Userlevel 2

Hi all -

Curious if there is any functionality in Docebo for learners to make a training request (maybe through a survey or something else??) We want to drive learners to associate learning with our LMS so it would be great to have a feature like this (or co-opt an existing feature to accomplish this).

Thanks for any input you have! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Do you mean just request a new course or content to be created for training, or new session of an existing training? For the first what about either a fake course of sorts that has a survey in it that everyone has access to and can complete. Now be aware the reporting on surveys inside the system is not great, but if you contained it to one course overall shouldn’t be bad, or could just use any external survey tool and either embed with an iframe or link to from a page widget.

I also wonder if maybe there is a way to leverage Q/A in Channels, with making it the conversation area for discussing new learning options, might give you some interaction and see how much it is wanted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@bethany-convoy another option would be to use the Admin Approvals on the course. This would place the users in a “waitlist” until they are approved however you could use the “send email” function to confirm their interest.

Another thing you can do is to add a custom Enrollment Field. This will ask the user for input during the enrollment process. Only catch with this is you cannot report on this field so you would need to look through your enrolments one-by-one.

In the case of ILT’s however there is anew feature coming soon to do just this.

Hope you find something useful.

Userlevel 4

We have a static link at the top that goes to a feedback form where people can report a bug or give feedback on the site. Not sure if this fits what you’re thinking

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think we need some clarity on which direction is meant by new training requests as theres definitely two avenues.

Something to note, for the idea of an external form, have helped implement a few examples that use the iframe embed on pages and in courses that are general help forms, but heavily branched to walk people through what they want and collect the right info from them. I use the iframe embed as you can use the oauth integration to actually collect logged in user info, page info, course info, really anything, and add it right into the survey responses, getting a TON of info without asking the user. Its really great for support (add in device and browser information) as well as feedback and things.

Userlevel 2

Do you mean just request a new course or content to be created for training, or new session of an existing training?

Thank you for clarifying! I do mean a request for a new course and/or content that doesn’t currently exist! And thank you for your suggestions! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cool, then some type of form/survey is probably your best bet, my recommendation is to think through the process after submission, i.e. who is in charge of managing these requests, do they require immediate reaction so an email on submission is nice, or looked at occasionally so just have a csv dump once a quarter works, is there an existing survey/form tool that may not be docebo being used in the org to gather data that might be useful in conjunction with this, etc. Helps decide which tool path to go down.

Userlevel 2

Cool, then some type of form/survey is probably your best bet, my recommendation is to think through the process after submission, i.e. who is in charge of managing these requests, do they require immediate reaction so an email on submission is nice, or looked at occasionally so just have a csv dump once a quarter works.

Great points! Right now I’m leaning towards a Google Form powered from a Google Table -- that way I can configure a requester email notification as well as an email notification to my team (who would be managing the requests). Thanks again for your input!