Skip to main content

Hi there! We’re launching gamification soon and I was wondering if anyone has some thoughts and ideas they’d be able to share for the following:

1. Monthly Contest Ideas
    1. I’m thinking of ‘Most Courses Taken in a Month’ and ‘First One to Take X Course’ but that’s all I can come up with. What have you done? Maybe more themed?
    2. Note: We can’t base it off assets, only badges earned
  2. Badge Ideas
    1. If you’re in real estate - that’d be a plus, since that’s what our focus is
  3. Anything else you found successful when launching/running your gamification segment to keep learners excited and coming back!

In our case, we gamified a specific learning plan that combines eLearnings and ILTs that our managers are taking over the course of several weeks. Here's what we do:

• Dynamic Homepage: We update the homepage weekly, showing learners a map of their learning journey that progresses as they advance. This is automated using groups based on course completion. Learners attend ILTs, complete pre- and post-eLearning work, and this progression unlocks a new homepage each week.

• Mascot Guide: We created a mascot to guide learners. Each week, it suggests new resources that are displayed on the updated homepage, providing a fun and supportive element.

• Interactive Games: Every week, on the updated homepage, we reveal a piece of a map that learners must solve in order to win a final prize. They can only solve it if they’re actually learning. We found this challenge to be a big motivator. Learners keep coming back for the fun, we also raffled off gift cards for the winners.

• Custom Badges: By leveraging APIs and Docebo Connect, we assign badges based on our own specific criteria, such as rewarding the fastest learners to complete a course or those who finish a certain number of training materials out of a roster. We also assign manual badges for learners who actively participate in class and automatic badges for the best answers in Coach and Share.

We find this to work really well for us. I hope it helps!

@francesca.vaccarino that sounds really cool - would you be willing to chat on zoom and show what your platform looks like in the next week or two?