Best Answer

Group to Branch

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have a self-registration tenant that need to move the new user into one of several sub-branches based on profile information. I can build groups based on this profile information, but I’m not certain how I could then move those group members into their respective branch.

Dashboards, content is based on branches, so I need to get the learners into the branch.

API? if yes, where do I start?

icon

Best answer by elamast 6 June 2022, 15:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You have some options.  In this instance the API is optional.

One option is to do a CSV export of the group members.  The other option is to use the API under “Manage → Group → Returns all group members”. For the second option you have to know the group ID, which you would get from “Group → Returns all visible groups”.

Once you have your group members, you have a couple options for moving them into branches.  Your first option would be to import the users by CSV, allowing the system to update existing users. You would then select what branch you want them to go into on the left side (after the upload screen).  Alternatively, you can use the API: “Manage → User” → and then your pick of Adds/Removes/Move users to accomplish what you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@elamast Thank you so much for the point in a good direction. While I do a lot of .csv work, I would prefer that this is an automatic thing.  I’ll see if I can write the API.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@elamastThank you so much for the point in a good direction. While I do a lot of .csv work, I would prefer that this is an automatic thing.  I’ll see if I can write the API.

You’re welcome. Let us know if you need a hand building the automation. There are several of us who do a lot of work like this who would be glad to help.