Question

How can you assign a small group of SME graders for an E-Learning courses?

We are trying to use a small group of SMEs to help with grading assignments on some technical assignments. This is part of a Learning Path filled with E-Learning courses. It seems the only options for grading assignments are to create Superadmins or as Instructors in a ILT.  Since the learners would work on the assignment over several days to a couple weeks, I cannot see how we would use an ILT. We don’t really want to give this group Superadmin permissions across the LMS.  Any ideas on how to set up a small group of graders?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can you make them instructors?

Can you make them instructors?

Thank you for the response, @dklinger!  I can make them instructors, but that only applies to ILT courses. I would have to create an ILT course with a dummy event simply to hold the assignments. Not an ideal implementation. I’d rather have the assignments as training materials in the existing E-Learning courses. It seems that the only user type that can grade in an E-Learning assignment is a Superadmin, but I don’t want these individuals to have Superadmin permission throughout the LMS.

Seems like Docebo is missing some serious functionality on the ability to assign grading to an Instructor or Power User in E-Learning courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mhigbee You can assign instructors to e-learning courses as well. 

You can read more on that here: 
https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128319-Managing-Assignment-as-Training-Material

@mhigbee You can assign instructors to e-learning courses as well. 

You can read more on that here: 
https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128319-Managing-Assignment-as-Training-Material

Thanks for the response. I read that article and couldn’t find the enrollment for instructors. When I tested it the Instructor didn’t have access to the assignments. After reading your response, I tried it again and now that functionality seem to be present. Either you’re magic or I was way too tired while building that test course.  Thanks for the help.