Question

managing notifications

• 18 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I am making a notification to enroll member in a course.

We give credits to each course, because our students collect these credits after they followed the course.

When we enroll students, we want to inform them, how many credits that the course is worthy.

But I can not find the short code voor credits.  Can anybody help me.  Thank you in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If this is a must-have, you may need to go outside the system to do this.  One way would be to use one of the enrollment webhooks that triggers when someone enrolls into a course or session, process the webhook with an automation tool (Docebo Connect, Integromat/Make, Power Automate, etc.), perhaps make calls to the API for more information on the student or course (if not captured in the webhook’s payload), and then compose/send the registration email.  It’s work, but it can be done if your business requires it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If this is a must-have, you may need to go outside the system to do this.  One way would be to use one of the enrollment webhooks that triggers when someone enrolls into a course or session, process the webhook with an automation tool (Docebo Connect, Integromat/Make, Power Automate, etc.), perhaps make calls to the API for more information on the student or course (if not captured in the webhook’s payload), and then compose/send the registration email.  It’s work, but it can be done if your business requires it.

Agreed this is how I’d go, you can then also leverage other types of customization or additions and conditions for these notices too which can make the effort worth it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I guess another way to go is to put the credit values in a second place that has a shortcode, like appending to the end of the course name or something along those lines too. Need to weight the pro/con of it showing everywhere then though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

One other thing to do would be to upvote several “add more shortcodes” suggestions that exist in the Ideas area:  https://community.docebo.com/search?q=shortcodes  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Only place I can think of to display credits is on a certificate. The user also sees this on the My Activity page and can download their transcript 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If you go the webhook/api route, you can grab the "credits" field from this API call: 

https://YOURURL/learn/v1/courses/YOURCOURSENUMBERHERE
{
"data": {
"id": YOURCOURSENUMBER,
"name": "YOURCOURSENAME",
"code": "YOURCOURSECODE",
[...]
--> "credits": "0.00",
"lang_code": "english",
"lang_label": "English",
"type": "elearning",
"is_published": true,