Question

Notifying Power Users when a user has been moved into a course through automatic waitlist actions

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Good morning, everyone!

I have a question about use of the automatic waitlist tool. We have a large population of field workers who are not readily accessing computers. The problem we are seeing is when an unenrollment is made and the waitlist automatically moves someone into a course, however they are not aware of their new enrollment if it is last minute. 

Since we cannot turn off enrollment changes for courses by a certain time before a session takes place, is there a notification that works for notifying power users that a user has been moved from a waitlist?

I know there is the notification called “approval into an ILT session” but it does not seem like the trigger applies to my specific use case. I would love to hear about any tips or tricks you might be using to service a similar need.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if you haven't already, you may want to turn ON the notification called, User enrolled in ILT Session. If you also use one called, User enrolled in a course, you may want to adjust the language, etc. since your typical user who enrols in a course and selects a session in one go, they will receive 2 emails. Not a great experience but they work as intended. We opted in some cases to only use the ILT session version and forego the course enrolment notif so as to reduce the spam effect...