Question

Platform access issues

• 16 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

We have approx. 60 branches globally. We’ve recently had issues whereby some of our employees in the US and Canada can’t access our platform. They just get a spinning circle when attempting to go to the sign-in page. I’ve done all the checks and our platform is operating perfectly.

I’ve tried all the usual fixes, getting them to update their browser, check internet speed, clearing Cache etc. and they still can’t access the platform. It works fine when they use their mobile devices/tablets.

Has anyone come across a similar issue and how was it rectified? It’s weird, because there are no other issues globally with our employees accessing our platform...just in North America?!

Any help appreciated as I’m stumped!

Rich

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It is at this point in the game where I typically want to see for myself what is going on as there is often some sort of missing piece to the puzzle that is not being relayed to you.

I would want to remotely access the PC if possible  with TeamViewer or another favorite program look for some subtle clues. 

You may notice something that they are not.

The other question here is if it has always been this way and they’ve never been able to access or if this only started recently.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Make sure they are not using Internet Explorer.  We’ve had lots of people with older pcs/laptops that still had IE as the default browser and Docebo no longer supports IE. 

For those users that tell us they don’t know what browser they are using, I ask them to send me a full screenshot so I can try to determine what they are using.  Or I’ll ask them to manually open up Chrome, Firefox, etc. and then go to the LMS from there and see if it works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sjennings78  -  For sure… get away from that old dinosaur…

That would be a good example of something I would see if I remoted in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rhunt79 Another approach for getting data is to ask for a video of the behavior. Not everyone can allow remote access. Give them a list of your requirements for the video -- full browser window, mouse tracks, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is why I like embedded support forms that capture system resources and docebo placement (i.e. course id, etc.) helps cut through the cruft and troubleshoot.

Userlevel 3

If you are able to replicate or have someone else who is willing, make sure to grab the network logs. I find this easiest on Chrome: a guide here. Grab both the network trace and console logs. I presume you’re not using an SSO service, just Docebo’s login? There would be alot to check if using an SSO service, but if not, send those logs to Docebo support.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@gstager our branch in Canada aren’t on our network and so IT support here in the UK can’t utilise Teamviewer, which they would for us and some of our other global sites. They’re also using Chrome and so the Explorer issue raised by @sjennings78 isn’t applicable here unfortunately.

It has to be a local issue as to why they can’t connect, but we’ll try some of the other methods suggested and see how we get on.

Thanks to all for the replies :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rhunt79 - how about a Zoom meeting where they share the screen and  show you exactly what they are doing?  At least you can see what is happening in real time.