Power User Approvals & eCommerce

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We use both course approvals and eCommerce as our client mainly sells courses. We found that there is a gap between these 2 process when using other payment methods (not credit cards). We are using the Wire Transfer payment option to imitate a “bill me” option.

We found that if the eCommerce transaction is not manually marked as “paid” before the power user approves the course request, the end user has access to the course content without if being paid first. This is not critical as they are eventually billed (we export our eCommerce transactions to a 3rd party accounting system) however if the power user declines the request, we (the admin team) have no way to know this was declined, modified, etc. without first having to reach out to the power users or looking up each transaction (which can be very time consuming). 

Has anyone run into similar issues? If so, I’d lobe your thoughts and tips on how you are using those 2 process today. If you need more details, please let me know. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lrnlab! I will admit that I have limited experience using eCommerce and as a result have not seen this issue before. Based on your description, I can see how this could be a challenge and I am not sure what the intended functionality of the product is in this case.

I have circulated this post with a few resources internally and we hope to provide more information for you soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Adam Ballhaussen just came across this one again while replying to another user...had any progress been made in this area? Anything planned to improve these 2 import aspects of the LMS? Thanks.