Skip to main content
Best Answer

Power User Permissions for HR Business Partners

• 15 June 2024
  • 2 replies

As we implement Docebo, our HR business partners are excited to have elevated permissions. In our last LMS, they had the standard user profiles. They’d like the ability to do the following…

• View reports of learner completions
  • Suggest content to learners based on performance conversations

These seem like reasonable requests, so I’d like to honor them but be cautious in how much free-reign they have.

Do you have a power user profile for HRBPs? What permissions do you grant them?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The great thing about user permissions is you can really curate what you want each individual user to be able to interact with at a higher level. You can grant access to individual user profiles along with selecting specific courses for them to be able to enroll users in.

One option would be making them a HR Manager and assigning them to the users they should be able to enroll users in. This would allow them to see the My Teams page which allows courses enrollments and pulling of reports. I personally think this is the best option based upon what you are looking for the users to execute. 

To complete this, got to your Admin Gear and Select Users from the Admin menu. Select the Manage Teams and Managers > Manage Manager Types. Here you will be able to add a manager type by clicking the “+” in the upper right hand corner and type in your desired information such as HRBP. Make sure you select active once you launch it! You will now have this field available under user profiles.

To add the HRBP to users, go back to the user management page. Bulk select users then select Choose Actions > Edit. In the Edit menu, you can add the HRBP name under the new manager field which can be seen under the Organization area in the menu.

I hope this is helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Don't have a ‘cut & paste’ template to offer you since you need to test the permissions to make sure they fit your use case; however they would need visibility to users, courses, catalogues + the ability enrol users (purchasing courses on behalf of other is a different permission set than enrolling). You might wan to also consider whether they can only assign learners and/or other power users, for example. Then you'll need to add the ability to view (and maybe create reports), again depending on the role requirements. Last and akin to reporting, the new Insights tool may be what they need instead of reports so please have a look at that (still under development but PU permissions should be coming soon).