Power User (PU) Automation

• 1 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4

When creating Power Users there are four steps that need to be followed for a correct configuration.

1️⃣ the user needs a level of “Power User’ assigned.

2️⃣ the specific Power User Profile(s) needs to be assigned.

3️⃣ the audience (User, Group, Branch) needs to be assigned.

4️⃣ the specific content (Courses, Learning Plans, Catalogs) needs to be assigned.

Your nightly file feed through the automation app, or API calls can automate the first three items (Level, Profile, and Audience-Branch default). If a different audience is required a separate CSV file using another automation rule can be created.

Setting specific content can be done in the UI (individually or bulk) by power users. You can also handle assigning resources via an automation rule through a CSV load.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing @colin.schott! It’s always helpful to remember the order of operations for tasks like assigning PU permissions, and it’s even better to know how to automate the steps altogether!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@colin.schott 

Your approach in making this automatic is amazing. I am drained in setting up power users on a weekly basis. What is worse is we also have one more step is to put the user in a specfic group, which gives them access to a channel. Haha fun time for me !? You know my life better!:joy:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@colin.schott 

Really helpful to be able to do it that way, but I can’t find any information for step 3 and 4 via the automation app. Could you explain in further detail?

Userlevel 4

@FredrikFahlin  If you are using a standard user.csv file within the automation app, there are options (also in the UI to load users) that will assign Power Users to their branch and subbranch. This will complete step three for the audience setting at the branch level. If you are wanting to use the automation app to set content you need to setup an automation app rule. Seehttps://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082520-Creating-a-Rule-for-the-Automation-App#h_01FHZ4D6F464VGFQ30AHYZZPEM, or you can use the UI and bulks assign content to your Power Users.