Best Answer

Register User Button

• 19 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

We have installed a front page using WordPress to help sell our courses.

We’d like to link to the Register button, but obviously this is a bit of difficulty as the registration form is lightbox like display.

I know that we can use the WordPress plug to create users and push them Docebo, but at the moment we’re not prepared to do this. 

Any ideas on how we can link to the form and bypass it being embedded on the Frontpage. 

icon

Best answer by elamast 19 October 2021, 23:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This link will take you straight to registration:  https://YOURDOMAIN.com/learn/register  Unfortunately it’s still in a lightbox.  I am not seeing a way to display this as a standalone page.  One possible workaround would be to put it inside an IFRAME and change the dimensions so that it just shows the reg lightbox (example: https://edtest.neocities.org/test2.html ), although that will have a downside when you get to the end of registration.

A better possibility would be to build a form and a workflow that creates the user in Docebo.  You could use something like Cognito forms for registration and a workflow in Integromat.  If you’re interested in more details on this, I can elaborate further.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for this this. This worked really well. 

Having used Cognito before, I’d really love to learn how to use Integromat to make it better. Thanks again for your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Having used Cognito before, I’d really love to learn how to use Integromat to make it better. Thanks 

The key to making all of this work is to be able to collect the information you’ll need in the Cognito form in order to populate these fields:

{
  "userid": "string",
  "email": "string",
  "password": "string",
  "firstname": "string",
  "lastname": "string",
  "force_change": 0,
  "level": 0,
  "language": "string",
  "expiration": "2021-10-20",
  "email_validation_status": 0,
  "valid": 0,
  "date_format": "string",
  "timezone": "string",
  "role": 0,
  "manager": {
    "__manager_type_id__": 0
  },
  "employees": {
    "__manager_type_id__": [
      "string"
    ]
  },
  "send_notification_email": true,
  "can_manage_subordinates": true,
  "group_membership": [
    {}
  ],
  "select_orgchart": {
    "__branch_id__": 0
  },
  "country": "string",
  "additional_fields": {}
}

It may take a little experimentation to find the proper strings for some things like “country”.  I found it easiest to use the API browser to test this out and then re-create the proper calls in Integromat.  The API browser will tell you what fields are required, formats, etc., but it is sometimes a bit off or ambiguous.  

The API browser is found at https://YOURSITEURL/api-browser

You’ll want to choose “manage” from the menu and scroll down to the User section to select the option for creating a new user.  You may find that exporting an existing user (“View a User's info”) will give you a lot of what you need in the way of default values.

For the key to use in the API browser you have a couple options.  You could set up Postman as well as setting up the API key in Docebo. Eventually you’ll need a proper key set up in Docebo, and the API documentation tells you a bit about what kind of key you need to create.  A “cheating” way to get a working key for testing is to log into your Docebo site* as an admin using Chrome.  Then right-click anywhere and select “Inspect” to open the developer tool pane.  Across the top of that is a menu bar.  Choose “Application” from the menu bar, and then expand the Local Storage for your site.  Scroll down to the “access_token” that is used to maintain your authentication with the LMS and copy the value.  It will look something like this: 2852z6y0re602a5tt83050aar5z03831y4046344 (not a real key).  Copy that token and place it into the token field of the API browser and your queries will run under your account.

*Be VERY careful with running operations through the API browser.  I would test everything in a Sandbox environment (hopefully Docebo gave/sold you one).  The access token for your sandbox site will be different from the one in production (should be obvious, but I’ve forgotten a few times).

Here are a couple screenshots for getting a temporary access token:

Finding an access token 1 of 2:

Finding an access token 2 of 2:

Once you’re comfortable with the fields you need from Cognito Forms, and have the API calls working, we can move onto how to glue it all together in Integromat. 

Disclaimer: The APIs are powerful, so proceed cautiously and at your own risk. With great power comes great responsibility.

Userlevel 2

Excellent. This will go on my project list as it looks like a great concept for us moving forward. Thanks again for your help!