Question

Rolling Out Managers & Teams

• 28 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey everyone! We’re getting ready to make the “Managers and Teams” function available to our internal teams. Data from our HRIS (ADP) is pushed into Docebo each evening and the manager/subordinate relationship is established. Of course I’ll be assigning power user profiles and creating a manager-centric dashboard for this group of individuals.

Has anyone else “rolled out” this feature to their internal teams? What types of training/support did you prepare to share with those using this function? Any major pitfalls you’ve experienced? Are there any particular power user permissions we should pay particular attention to? Would love to hear about anyone else’s experience here! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hey @danwinter 

Below some of my thoughts. :relaxed:

Rights:

• Make sure managers can assign only the trainings that are dedicated to their employees. So no leadership training if it is intended for managers only (on the other hand, if it’s not all your courses & learning plans, automating it can probably be a bit of a pain)
  • The less rights, the better - giving users too much power can often be confusing and they can swarm you with questions. I would focus on enrollments, reports and maybe observation checklists

Training:

• When creating a training for them, cover all their rights and also what can’t be done by them. If there are any specific trainings they shouldn’t assign to others, explain it and tell them what to do in case of valid exceptions (e.g. contact you directly)
  • Some guidelines in a form of .pdf can be very useful in the long run. It will help you avoid unnecessary questions after your managers forget how to do things

In short, there’s really not much to it. If you automate it properly and explain the managers what they can / can’t do, it should work out just fine. The only issue we were having was when managers were asking us “how can I assign training XYZ to my employee?” and in fact, they weren’t allowed to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

A question - were you able to scope reports to just the managers team? I would love for managers to be able to run a few reports against their subordinates, but I want them to only work with their subordinates and noone else.