Best Answer

SCORM quiz retakes if passed

Userlevel 2

Hello all, I’ve got a set of four “Jeopardy” games built in Captivate that are specifically for fun/knowledge checking.  We just moved to Docebo from Captivate Prime.  In Prime, I was able to publish these packages without selecting any kind of reporting (No specific SCORM or xAPI configs, just the published .zip file).  It all worked just fine there, the users were able to play the game whenever they wanted and it would always start from the beginning.

Docebo won’t accept those same .zip files unless I turn on some kind of reporting, and have been using SCORM 1.2.  The games work fine...except if the user ‘passes’, it becomes marked as complete and they can no longer play.  In Captivate, there is no way to -not- send a completion flag if the person passes, and once Docebo considers it complete, the SCORM file will not start from the beginning, it just lands on the end page.

Any thoughts on how to allow someone to retake these games, even if they pass? I’ve tried publishing as SCORM 1.2, 2004 and xAPI.

-Kent

icon

Best answer by dklinger 14 July 2022, 17:58

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good morning Kent - In Captivate - you do have some function that can help…

Take a look at what Paul walks you through…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s it.

I also have lots of interactive modules that are meant for the learner to engage with multiple times.

Never Send Resume Data is the route I always take.

Userlevel 2

That did the trick nicely!  I dug through those preferences a million times and didn’t catch that setting.
Many many thanks! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kgmeloy- mark the answer as a best answer….I get points for it…😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dklinger - LOL - Lucky you saw the post first.

I would have taken care of that one without Paul’s help. 😉

Userlevel 2

@dklinger - Done and done.  :)

Userlevel 3

@kferguson any benefit for us related to M1 and JB content for the learning pass programs and how we compile the scorm files?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jbridges We could create to SCORM instances regarding the Never send data.  One that sends data and one that doesn't.  Which is what we have today.  The issue is its two files still as one sends and one doesn't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jbridges and @kferguson - whatcha talking through?