Question

Tracking absences in ILT courses

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have a question that’s similar to:

and

What can we do when user Izzy There is enrolled into a session of ILT course A but never attends?

Well, we could mark them absent, but that seems to prevent us from registering Izzy There into another session of course A…

Suspending them from course A means they can’t be registered at all for another session. 

We’d like to keep a record of absences in Docebo, so we can answer questions when Izzy’s supervisor calls us and asks “Was Izzy There there?”

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is a gap in the ILT enrolment process where a use can only be enrolled in session of any single course. Marking them as “Absent” leaves them in progress so they cannot be enrolled into another session while enrolled in the last. You would need to unenroll from 1 session in order to enrol into another…

So all that’s left to track the absence would a point-in-time report taken before the user is moved from one session to another. This could be overlooked except in cases where the user would still need to pay for the session even tough they did not attend...can get tricky.

Hoping Docebo will resolve this issue soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This is a gap in the ILT enrolment process where a use can only be enrolled in session of any single course. Marking them as “Absent” leaves them in progress so they cannot be enrolled into another session while enrolled in the last. You would need to unenroll from 1 session in order to enrol into another…

So all that’s left to track the absence would a point-in-time report taken before the user is moved from one session to another. This could be overlooked except in cases where the user would still need to pay for the session even tough they did not attend...can get tricky.

Hoping Docebo will resolve this issue soon.

Tricky is one word for this! I did add a comment field to the employee record, and we could make a manual note there that the employee was absent. I’m hoping that Docebo has a fix in the works, but at least my employee comments fix it keeps some data within Docebo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hoping the retake changes help with this. For now have done a significant external build to handle and pulls the reports into basically a mini database, removes the user from the past session and notifies them to register for a future with a “I was there” disputing link.