Best Answer

Users marked as completed without appearing for the test

Userlevel 1

Dear All, 

Since a long time we are struggling with user completion status for ILT Trainings. We would like all users to be marked as completed only after they have met the two requirements - 1) Attended the entire session (Evaluation-based) 2) They complete the test that has been uploaded under Training Material. (Also marked as last object marker) under course. But the moment we mark them as passed for the session they are declared as completed for the course even without giving the test. Please advice!

Thanks,

Sana.

icon

Best answer by elamast 1 June 2022, 18:01

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is something we will certainly encounter but we are still onboarding so I haven’t run anyone through this yet so I am curious about the discussion.

My use case would have me wait until the end of the session after the exam is finished.

Is the evaluation in Docebo as a training material or is it an external evaluation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you tried using this option rather than attendance based for your sessions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

In your scenario I would think you would have both the evaluation material and the test as Training Materials in the course.  The evaluation material would be first, and the test would be last and set with the “End Object Marker”.  Then choose “Training Material Based” at the session level to complete the course based on the exam.  (I’m assuming one session is enough to complete the course)

Unfortunately within an ILT there is no way to ensure a prerequisite (e.g. the evaluation-based training material) has been completed before the exam.  If you think Docebo should change this, please upvote the idea here: 

There are more complicated ways (with a learning plan that has to be completed in a particular order and separate courses for the evaluation material and the final exam), but to me that gets really confusing.  It would make more sense if ILT prerequisites functioned like eLearning ones.

Userlevel 1

have you tried using this option rather than attendance based for your sessions?

@lrnlab - Yes we did test this functionality. Training Material based option will allow a user to access the test/exam right after enrollment without having them to complete the live ILT training sessions scheduled for them. Hence this is also not helpful at the moment.

Userlevel 1

In your scenario I would think you would have both the evaluation material and the test as Training Materials in the course.  The evaluation material would be first, and the test would be last and set with the “End Object Marker”.  Then choose “Training Material Based” at the session level to complete the course based on the exam.  (I’m assuming one session is enough to complete the course)

Unfortunately within an ILT there is no way to ensure a prerequisite (e.g. the evaluation-based training material) has been completed before the exam.  If you think Docebo should change this, please upvote the idea here: 

There are more complicated ways (with a learning plan that has to be completed in a particular order and separate courses for the evaluation material and the final exam), but to me that gets really confusing.  It would make more sense if ILT prerequisites functioned like eLearning ones.

@elamast - Thank You for this detailed explanation. However Training material based option also marks users as completed the moment they access the Test under Training material without having to attend the ILT Sessions scheduled at a future date. This is causing confusion and yes the only way to inculcate an exam followed by a ILT session completion would be by initiating learning plans for all our ILT Courses. I definitely upvoted to your idea and hopefully something positive will happen here :)  

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The above idea was merged today with another one.  Please upvote: 

Userlevel 1

This is something we will certainly encounter but we are still onboarding so I haven’t run anyone through this yet so I am curious about the discussion.

My use case would have me wait until the end of the session after the exam is finished.

Is the evaluation in Docebo as a training material or is it an external evaluation?

@gstager - With Evaluation based I mean the live ILT Session which is scheduled at a future date. Once the user has been marked as completed by superadmins and evaluated a score under sessions. They are directly seen as completed without having to take the test which is marked as “end object marker” under Training Material. After some troubleshooting i came to know that the only way this can be done is through a learning plan which is very tedious :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@elamast - Thank You for this detailed explanation. However Training material based option also marks users as completed the moment they access the Test under Training material without having to attend the ILT Sessions scheduled at a future date. This is causing confusion and yes the only way to inculcate an exam followed by a ILT session completion would be by initiating learning plans for all our ILT Courses. I definitely upvoted to your idea and hopefully something positive will happen here :)  

Agree. When we’ve asked for this functionality, Docebo support gave us the Learning Plan with two courses suggestion. The problem with this (besides being very clunky) is that the Learning Plan has no schedule to it, so learners don’t see the option to choose a session.

One other way I thought about this is with the use of catalogs and groups.  You essentially have three things you need done in order (session attendance, evaluation, and test).  You could have two courses: 1) The first course is your session and evaluation ILT, and 2) The test course (eLearning).  You would put your first course into a catalog your learners can see.  Then you would put the second (test) course into a separate catalog that is shown only to a group consisting of students who complete the first course. Further, you could set an enrollment rule that anyone in the group who completed the first course is assigned the second one.  If you wanted, you could attach your completion certificate only to the second course.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Am thinking you might try the Evaluation Based method which could then control both your attendance and test seen as the only way to get marked as completed on the course would be for an admin or instructor to marked the user as passed during the evaluation process.

this is far from an automated solution but you can evaluate all users at once in the session.

This way you could also look for those who passed the test + attended the session and as I final step, you evaluate them to mark them as passed and the course would then be marked as completed. You'd probably want to remove the end object marker on the test though.

Amended: Oops, just noticing tt pretty much what @elamast suggests execpt the evaluation comes in after the test is passed

Userlevel 1

Agree. When we’ve asked for this functionality, Docebo support gave us the Learning Plan with two courses suggestion. The problem with this (besides being very clunky) is that the Learning Plan has no schedule to it, so learners don’t see the option to choose a session.

One other way I thought about this is with the use of catalogs and groups.  You essentially have three things you need done in order (session attendance, evaluation, and test).  You could have two courses: 1) The first course is your session and evaluation ILT, and 2) The test course (eLearning).  You would put your first course into a catalog your learners can see.  Then you would put the second (test) course into a separate catalog that is shown only to a group consisting of students who complete the first course. Further, you could set an enrollment rule that anyone in the group who completed the first course is assigned the second one.  If you wanted, you could attach your completion certificate only to the second course.  

Thank You for this quick workaround. I will definitely test this one and get back to you. :)