Question

Users not added to any branch through automation

• 9 August 2022
  • 5 replies

We use SFTP (Automation feature in Docebo) to sync users from Workday to Docebo. Recently, and for what seems like no reason, users are not correctly being added to that branch. The users are instead not added to any branch. Have you see an instance where users are not added to any branch through automation?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Did you check to make sure the mapping is still configured correctly?

Does the file still match the proper format when coming in or a change to the columns or headers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chelcie Hill- I think where @Bfarkas is going is where you will find your root cause.

You may want to evaluate your CSV file NOT in excel but another text reader.

Take a look for two things to start:

1. All you need to be is escaping differently, and you can miss a column.
  2. Also - if you are using branch name to map people to the branch? You need to do a perfect match is my understanding...down to case... (so if you toggle case Kunkletown in your integration, you need to have it toggle cased in your branch name).

The latter happened to me - and we emptied out a branch inadvertently.

It is a good thing we caught it.

Good luck - let us know the outcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, branch names get very picky, but since none are going, I bet a column moved or changed name for mapping or something. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chelcie Hill using the option called Destination Fallback Branch helps in these situations where if the user does not have the proper branch info, they are placed in a default branch. We use this to protect from users being added to a branch they do not belong to or not added to any branch

Userlevel 3
Badge

We use SFTP (Automation feature in Docebo) to sync users from Workday to Docebo. Recently, and for what seems like no reason, users are not correctly being added to that branch. The users are instead not added to any branch. Have you see an instance where users are not added to any branch through automation?

Hi there, 

I am very new to the Automation App and still feel quite confused about the steps to configure rule via FTP/SFTP after reading the KB articles and reaching out to Support. 

Was the steps using SFTP to sync users from Workday straightforward? What if I want to sync users from ADP Workforce to Docebo? I appreciate if you can guide me through this. Thanks so much!