Please Share Your Channels UX/ Page Design

• 21 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Our team has been using channels for years now, and we have a number of different channels at this point.  As a result, our “All Channels” page takes ages to load, and it’s pretty much impossible to get everything to load.  So we are taking on a project to reimagine how we are currently doing channels.  We are thinking making multiple custom pages as opposed to using the All Channels page, or something like that.  

I was hoping some of you who have a good channels set up might want to share what you’re doing!  Extra points if you can share some screenshots, as well.  Thanks for any thoughts/ideas!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

tough to say without know ing more about your content...typical organizational types are by topic, by role, by department, etc. Is that what you do today?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

tough to say without know ing more about your content...typical organizational types are by topic, by role, by department, etc. Is that what you do today?

Yes currently we have some channels by topic, some by department, as you describe.  I’m really just looking for ideas of great things others have done/are doing to try and spark some inspiration!

I’m using channels by role to present essential learning for a quarter to users at the top of their home page.  Our users find the to do list format too difficult to digest.  The channel formal allows me to separate essential learning from optional and place emphasis on it at the top of the page for users.