Question

All the links on a page a getting Forbidden 403 error

• 18 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a page built called Product Training. On that page, I have links to several other pages containing catalogs. Everything was working great, and then Friday out of the blue, all the links on the Product Training page stopped working and gave employees the 403 error. What could cause something like that to happen?? 

They can access the product training page, but when they click on any of the graphics that are linked to other pages, they get the 403 error. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

403 are access errors so usually the user does not have access to the item being accessed, in this case the other pages contianing catalogs.

Not 100% sure form your description, are the pages that are going 403 other custom pages that you have catalogs on or the built in catalog page? If the first, make sure the users have access to those pages, maybe menus were updated and removed the pages or if you are using the hidden menu trick, maybe the rules for that menu are not working right, i.e. an auto group is failing to populate properly.

If the second, make sure they have access to that catalog.