Concerns after this month's webinar

• 26 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hello everyone,

After hearing today’s webinar, I feel we are still not moving towards the goals that are very needed within any basic LMS:

• Robust and updated email notification module
  • Updated Dashboards for Reporting
  • Retraining of courses
  • Updates to Localization/Making Global Updates for all languages at once
  • Updates to Power User permissions/letting power users create other power users
  • Gamification updates
  • Customization of the global search bar
  • Customization of the virtual coach

It’s great hearing about these various UI, and verbiage changes but they are not the items we’re looking to have resolved - and I feel the time can be better dedicated to more highly requested items.

Does anyone feel the same? Can the Docebo team at least provide some concrete updates to the above? Many of these updates were promised last year.

Thanks for reading.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Don’t get me started on the Outlook integration that we had been promised was coming even before we signed our contract (2 years ago), to now be told we have to pay for Connect if we want it to integrate.

It is quite hard to be angry when they’re nice people though!

Userlevel 6

Don’t get me started on the Outlook integration that we had been promised was coming even before we signed our contract (2 years ago), to now be told we have to pay for Connect if we want it to integrate.

It is quite hard to be angry when they’re nice people though!

Thanks Neil, they are great folks. It’s hard to keep that mind set however, when our clients are leaving due to these features not existing. We just want some concrete updates, and for them to stick.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I am still looking for a customer-facing roadmap. This is critical when determining our own roadmap for the system. I have many projects that are on hold because of features that have not been launched (Outlook alias, CR access for power users, etc.). 

Here are some of the items that Docebo needs to focus on to remain competitive with other systems: 

• Multiple completions for one course
  • Dynamic recurring enrollments for compliance courses
  • More robust enrollment conditional options and capabilities
  • Notifications that can include attachments, go to the manager, and offer a CC option. Notification log. Re-send notification option. Additional tags (course_description and custom fields).
  • Event level reporting.
  • Event level notifications.
  • Nested learning plans
  • CSV learning plan enrollments/unenrollments
  • A robust audit trail on every page to show any changes/updates to anything by an admin (SuccessFactors is great about this).  
  • More granular admin permissions. Separate permissions for course visibility in reporting.

Here are some of the items I am still waiting on: 

• Central repository access for power users
  • Nickname to replace usernames

I feel like some of the items on this list would require a complete re-vamp of their software architecture, which is probably why they have been delayed. However, any updates from Docebo on these items would be appreciated! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @JZenker and all. Thank you for sharing this feedback. We haven’t been shy about the fact that listening to our customers, maintaining a high pace of innovation, recovering technical debt, and adequately managing expectations of our customers is a tricky balance.

The community has helped us tremendously in this effort by giving you all (our customers) a more direct line of communication to our product team and helping us here at Docebo better understand your needs. You can expect to see more information in the community in the coming weeks about our main areas of focus for Docebo Learn in 2022. The areas of focus are in line with some (but not all) of the requests mentioned in this thread, including Power Users, Learning Plans, Retraining, Gamification, and Central Repository, among many others. 

As we continue to collaborate with our customers to build better products, we request two things from you:

1. Help us as often as possible to understand the why behind your requests. This not only gives our development team context for your request, but also helps other Docebo experts weigh in to propose alternative solutions or to help you approach the problem from a different angle. I have to give a big shoutout to @Jessica Overby on this one for the format she follows when submitting ideas. See this idea as an example. Thank you Jessica!

2. Understand that our ideas portal is not a product backlog. Our product team owns measuring, analyzing, and assigning priority and level of effort for every new feature or product. There are an innumerable number of factors to consider in these evaluations, and plans often change based on these factors. Docebo is actively investing in giving more weight to the voice of the customer when evaluating priority and are working hard to improve how we manage customer expectations about new functionality. This means being more critical about when we move ideas in the community to a Planned status. Please understand that ideas are requests and can never be guaranteed.

In light of what I shared above, we won’t provide a list of concrete updates to each of the items you listed in this thread. Rather, we encourage you to find the ideas for those enhancements in the community (or create them if they don’t already exist) and vote for the ones you deem to be the highest priority. We also encourage you to add color to the ideas in the comments if you feel there’s information about your use case missing in the idea. We can then help manage expectations directly on those ideas by adding comments and updating statuses as we evaluate them and determine priority and level of effort. 

Keep an eye out in the community for more information about our major areas of focus in 2022! While we can guarantee we won’t be delivering everything on your list, there should be some wins coming for you this year 🙂