Has anyone released the new course player to all of your users?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We are currently testing the new course player functionality in our sandbox, but we want to get ready to release to everyone.

If you have released it to all of your users, I’m curious to know:

• How it was received by your users? 
  • Any questions or issues that are coming up from your users? 
  • Did you do any communication to your users about the new course player? Or did you just turn it on?

Excited to hear from others about this!

26 replies

We had it live for about 1 month, Some issues with Control panel showing over the top of Subtitles for too long and now we find the Playlist function doesn't work correctly. I have today reverted to the old player. (it is not possible for learners to delete or edit playlists and there is no option to choose which course to watch in the play list, you have to start at the first)

“Hi Gary,
You are totally right 
I have already informed our tech team and I would expect the information to be let known in the Community, although I am unable to confirm a date for that either.

Hi Gary,
Thank you so much for bearing with us while we were checking again
We opened a Feature task in order to achieve parity of function with the current course player, but we have not yet received an update from them. 

As this particular task has been identified for refactoring, it is going through a further analysis and it seems that since we do not have a release ETA, it is possible that the launch of the new course player in October will take place without the playlist functionality. 

Notwithstanding, I (and my colleague of T2) have informed our dev's about the importance.

I can certainly place this ticket on hold while waiting for the possible ETA and in this case, I would also think to encourage you to discuss your specific use case with your Account Manager Robert Embrack if I am not mistaken, so to help addressing it while waiting for the ETA 

In the meantime I wish you a fantastic day 

Hello Gary,
Thank you so much for bearing with me 
After review, I will need to collaborate with our Tier 2 team to investigate this in more detail. We will reach out shortly with next steps and continue to keep you updated here.

Any update on this? We have users experiencing frustration with this feature not working currently.