Ok - this may be cake - but I figure go about checking on this one with the community before I deploy. I figure someone else can benefit from seeing an order of operations to deploy to a message to a group.
My goal | deploy the activation message purely to those within a group in as few steps as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot see a way to target a group from the users tool for doing a “group push”, so I think this exercise will need to be done via the csv upload.
Setting the stage, I have had a series of smaller go lives, and I want to effectively go live with a group that is already part of the user base and assigned a branch.
Here is the order of operations that I can dream up:
- Develop said group in excel or directly in my instance.
- Activate the group as manual OR automatic to achieve the desired “moving forward” business.
- Upload a csv or add metadata parameters to the system to isolate my group automatically going forward.
- Download the grouping via the download csv function in tools.
- If automatic, ground truth against a static list (this is an extra step for sanity) if said list is available - verify it with the customer.
- Add said group to the notifications? They are in a branch that currently has their activation notifications enabled (so this may be overkill in my case, but it is an important step with soft golives to ensure that your cohort has these enabled).
- After verification - upload the csv via the user group with user tools.
- Under the General Import Options - Check off “Send Notifications”
- Match fields in importer (consider using only username as the minimal is only critical).
- Save a preset - so I dont have to ever do this again.
- Click IMPORT.
- Hold breath.
- Group is now ready for other messaging deployments (LP or course messaging).
And so? What am I missing?????
Best answer by pmoView original
Would it be helpful to use the filter tool to recreate the rules of your group? This would allow you to filter by an additional field and the value it either contains or matches exactly with.
Then all you have to do is select all and deploy the “send activation notification” option in the bottom right of the Users Dashboard.
This helps me come up with an idea - to actually save “complex filters” for later use.