Skip to main content

Greetings All, we are brand new to Docebo. For all you seasoned users out there. Given where you are today with your LMS program, what would you have wanted to know about Docebo before you started your project.

Appreciate your time

Looking back, I realize that the mistakes we made in the beginning were an essential part of the learning process. Without those experiences, we wouldn’t have improved and reached our current state.

I also believe that Docebo is highly flexible and forgiving in that sense, allowing admins to make changes as often as needed to grow the LMS. However, as more data accumulates on the platform, managing it can become challenging. The key steps I believe should be prioritized during the early phases are:

1. Carefully plan your user organization (branches and groups) and user fields: Take the time early on to develop a training pipeline that aligns with your objectives, ensuring that only essential user information is added to Docebo to meet those goals

2. Document the structure you're implementing on the platform: This includes branches, groups, course categories, enrollment rules, catalogs, learning plans, additional fields, pages, and menus and any other feature you are using. Even a simple spreadsheet can provide a high-level view of how your LMS is organized, and it will be useful to refer back to in the future

3. Rank your needs and use cases by priority: Learning how to use a new system isn’t always straightforward, and not everything can be achieved immediately. Take the time to learn and understand how the platform works, and empower your colleagues to do the same.

Best of luck!