Question

Notification- Learner has completed or failed a test.

• 16 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Hi All,

I have been trying to create an email notification for when a learner has completed for failed a test. I have set this up with the conditions explained on the Notification Details spreadsheet that Docebo provides.

However, when testing this the notification is never triggered (I’ve created 5 different notifications now and tested each multiple times. 

I’ve checked/ tried

1. All test questions are currently single answer type.
  2. The Instructor to receive the email is definitely enrolled to the course with instructor status.
  3. All email address are correct.

Any ideas on how I could resolve this would be of great help! 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ready for this? I am exactly in the same boat. So I am going to listen and learn from your outcome...:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@carris wilson if you configured the notifications according to instructions and it doesn’t work as expected, I’d suggest opening a support ticket with Docebo. Their support team is very responsive and will be able to investigate where is the issue, and then, implement a fix in the system or update the documentation.

Thank you both, I’ve opened a help ticket so will let you know the outcome :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@carris wilson - um I will admit that I got mine to work….ensure that when you setup notifications? That the user that is your instructor is in the group/branch that is eligible for notifications...the service desk pointed that one piece out for me.

Around 3:45 PM I noticed it started working for me. I am telling you the time? Because I saw some serious latency concerns today….

@dklinger Yep the US East especially was having issues yesterday! 

Email notifications are already set up on the platform- I have many already running it just seems to be this one that I’m having the issue with. 

Ohhh, I’ll double check the branches/ groups

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @carris wilson, I’m really interested to know if checking the Branch/Group of the instructors helped resolve this issue for you. Have you gotten this notification to work yet? If so, is there anything you think we could add to our knowledge base that could help make this process more clear for future admins?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@carris wilson - any luck? If you were trying this just the other day when we were writing? There was some latency concerns up in the NEast US.

Userlevel 4

100% adding the instructor to the group/branch associated with the notification is necessary for this to work.

I learned this through the same process, putting in a ticket and then getting that feedback from support. It wasn’t intuitive to me that if you choose instructor as the audience and they are in the course assigned to the notification that they also need to be in the associated group/branch but it does make sense based on how you would normally need the user to be in the assigned group/branch to receive the notification. 

Big latency issues a few days ago in the US NorthWest as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dklinger I am a little bit lost here

The only action I’ve found in the notification is

BUT it can only apply to this

So, does that mean that my LEARNER must be INSTRUCTOR to receive a message ? :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dklinger I am a little bit lost here

The only action I’ve found in the notification is

BUT it can only apply to this

So, does that mean that my LEARNER must be INSTRUCTOR to receive a message ? :disappointed_relieved:

@Bouben I believe the notification is intended to inform the instructor/admin of the users activity since the learner would get instant feedback on whether they failed or passed the test the moment they submit the last question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@pmo got it for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bouben I believe the notification is intended to inform the instructor/admin of the users activity since the learner would get instant feedback on whether they failed or passed the test the moment they submit the last question. 

Thank @pmo … but most of my customer/student like to share their results with their boss, manager (which are not always in Docebo :blush: ). So I was thinking an email with an encouraging message to continue to move on in the next steps of the LP / additional courses will be useful.

I had to create also a special page to explain them how to retrieve their diploma. Could be nice to be sent by email ?