Question

Using Docebo for Career Pathing/Development

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello Community! 

I’m looking to manage career development paths through Docebo - does anyone currently do this? If so, how. Or does anyone have a good idea on how you would do this? 

Thank you! 

Amanda 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, we do this through different learning plan and dedicated menu/pages based on groups from enrollments of the learning plans. This lets put different information/links on the menus and pages and focus their learning to what is within the learning plan. You can have their advancement through a series of learning plans as they complete each if there is a lot of learning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This also sounds like it might be a job for Skills. Learners select the Skills that they are interested in, and then AI-engine presents courses/LPs with those tags; for example, leadership.

The only part that I find difficult about Skills (at this point) is that administrators don’t really have any access to adding particular skills to a learners account. Unless maybe you impersonated the users and manually added it, but that’s a bit too much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This also sounds like it might be a job for Skills. Learners select the Skills that they are interested in, and then AI-engine presents courses/LPs with those tags; for example, leadership.

The only part that I find difficult about Skills (at this point) is that administrators don’t really have any access to adding particular skills to a learners account. Unless maybe you impersonated the users and manually added it, but that’s a bit too much.

@amanda.f Just wanted to clarify my comment here. Skills is extraordinarily powerful AI-function, and there ARE ways that a manager can suggest skills to a learner. To do this requires that you have Direct Managers and MyTeams in play, as well as having your company’s industry selected most appropriately by Docebo. Docebo’s categorization of your company governs what skills and skill sets are available (chat with your AM to find out this information). At this point, Administrators cannot CREATE skills or RENAME existing skills, although we can build skill sets. This is the lack of flexibility that I was referencing in my comment. My favorite approach as an administrator is to build a .csv of data and import it into accounts, thus reducing the level of errors that my learners can level at me.

Hope I didn’t mislead you.