Question

Cannot 'PUT' custom webinar tool via API

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve noticed that when making an API call to update a session event at https://{mydomain}.docebosaas.com/course/v1/events/{event_id}, I’m unable to set the {webinar_tool} to “custom”. The API sends back an error: “invalid webinar tool”. When running a GET against the same event, the JSON reads the webinar tool as “custom” and all documentation I’ve read, including in the API browser suggests I should be able to set it to “custom” as a string. Is this a bug? Any advice on how I can set the webinar tool to Custom via the Events API?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you saying you are changing from a different type to custom, or just trying to update the event and it is blocking you because of this. I just tried quickly and it let me do an update with updating the custom URL and accepted the type as “custom”. I wonder if it is the conversion that has an issue to allow it? Can you maybe also provide a screenshot or code of the body of the call in case there is something silly going on? I at first thought maybe not having the URL defined would give that error, but it took it just fine too.