Question

Channel Experts are assigned but everyone can still upload content.

• 8 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hey!

I am new to Docebo and confused about how to provide experts permission to upload content in channels. I have created channels, set the upload permissions to Experts Only, and keyed in the specific experts that should have upload ability. However, all users can upload content to channels even if they are not experts. When I log in as a user, they can still upload content to all channels even when they are not experts.

What settings could I be missing? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you need to set the channel options...there are 3. Anyone can add content, anyone can add content but it will be reviewed by the expert before it’s published, only experts can add content

Thank you, @lrnlab. I have assigned upload permissions (experts only) for the individuals whom I would like to upload and publish assets. However, it is still allowing all users, even if they are not an expert of that channel, to upload and publish content. I wonder if I am missing a step in another area. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I would need to see your settings...The last option above should not allow anyone except the experts and super admin to add content...

We have the same problem. In the course administration there is a Channel-tab next to the Catalouge-tab. All our power users can publish in the channels even though the setting in the channel allow only experts to publish. I think the only solution is to change the CSS.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

that is not normal...jjust tested with a channel that has expert only upload permissions and although it does feel like the user can share to that channel, when I get to the last step where I need to select a channel where I'd like to post the asset, none appear except those that allow uploads for everyone or with peer review...in your cases, was a user (non-expert) able to successfully post it the ‘locked’ channel? If yes, this may be a bug you should report to support. it hold not work like that...

hope that helps...

that is not normal...jjust tested with a channel that has expert only upload permissions and although it does feel like the user can share to that channel, when I get to the last step where I need to select a channel where I'd like to post the asset, none appear except those that allow uploads for everyone or with peer review...in your cases, was a user (non-expert) able to successfully post it the ‘locked’ channel? If yes, this may be a bug you should report to support. it hold not work like that...

hope that helps...

The PU can actually publish a course in a channel via the course administration. If you click on a specific course there is a tab called Channels and the PU can publish the course here.  In the print screen below the word Channel is translated to Kanaler. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OK see what you mean...just tested on my end and it’s the same..pretty sure this is a gap in the permissions and there is no dedicated permission to allow/disallow this...Seems to by the channel settings and PU permissions…

I just commented on this idea:

but there may be more you can vote up since this one is closed - I asked them to open it again.