Question

My Activities Page

• 11 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know if there is a way to hide the tabs on the left of the My Activities page? Ideally I’d like to only see the content in Courses, without a menu on the left.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@ebarrett since the user defaults to the Statistics tab I wouldn’t recommend hiding the sidebar altogether because then they would have no way to get to the courses tab. With that said it IS possible to link people straight to the Courses tab since each tab has a unique URL: https://mylms.docebosaas.com/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index%26tab%3Dcourses

With CSS it’s also possible to hide specific tabs in the sidebar. If you right click on the tab you want to hide and click inspect element you should see the a unique class that you can can use to hide them:

Here are a few examples of the resulting CSS that hides the tabs:
/* Hide Classroom Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.classrooms {display:none !important;}
/* Hide External Training Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.external-activities {display:none !important;}
/* Hide Social Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.social {display:none !important;}
/* Hide Webinars Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.webinar {display:none !important;}
/* Hide Certification Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.certification {display:none !important;

Depending on which tabs you want to hide you’ll probably need a few more lines of CSS. This should get you started though!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks so much, Nick! I suspected it would involve some CSS, which I am still mastering. This will be really useful once I’ve learned more.

Userlevel 4

Thank you! We do not want our external customers to see the awards and badges that we have set up internally. This worked great. 

Now I would like to get rid of some of the sections shown in the statistics page.

Userlevel 4

@sigamoline are you using a code to hide the gamification/badges from the externals only on the activities page? Would you mind sharing what it is?

We turned off the gamifications but may want to use it for internals only later. 

Userlevel 4

@isaal Extended Enterprise has its own custom CSS. So to remove the badges I used the code:

/* Hide Badges Tab in My Activities Page */

.myactivities-sidebar a.badges {display:none !important;}

So it still shows internally, but not on our extended enterprise/Customer platform. Do you have your customers set up on a separate platform?

Userlevel 4

@sigamoline ah I see! I was wondering how to separate it but we do not have enterprise so it impacts both pages, internal and external. Thank you for the reply!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much Nick! another CSS magic  :) 

Hi - thanks so much for this info. I need to use this CSS code as well as the ‘return to light mode’ for the new platform update CSS code, and maybe CSS code to turn the white text to black text (accessibility reasons and requirements of my organization). When I add these separate snippets of CSS code to the platform in the appropriate CSS box, is there a way I need to break them up into their own sections (section headers, etc.), and must they be in some particular order? 

I would love to see a tutorial on CSS Code for Docebo as I am a total novice around CSS codes and fear I will break more than I fix when I use it!

Deb

I just found this ‘Dipping your toe in the water with CSS’ post.

It may be just what I need.

Deb

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I just found this ‘Dipping your toe in the water with CSS’ post.

It may be just what I need.

Deb

Most of the ‘Docebo CSS’ is just learning CSS generally and learning how to use the inspector tools to identify the classes and id’s within Docebo to do it. Also, shameless plug, but if you are interested, I pulled a bunch of the common and safe CSS solves into an easy tool over on https://fark.tools , feel free to use, the basic CSS Tool will always be free.

Wow! I will check it out - thanks so much!

Deb