Resources related to course materials

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

I am creating a course and want to have some optional resource/reference materials for the learners. I know I can add this to a folder and put it in the training materials. I’m hoping for advice and best practices on whether or not that should go in the central repository. Basically I have a number of things the learner has to do to complete the course- a couple SCORM files and a PDF. Then I have a folder I’ve called Resources with a few PDFs and rise files they can choose to access or not. 

For the purposes of knowing what to build for future courses, I’d like to know what employees are clicking on and using, but I want it to be optional. 

If you were doing this, how would you go about loading those optional resources? Central Repository and change the permissions to optional completion? Building at the course level? Something else I haven’t discovered yet?

Thanks,

Emily

4 replies

Hi there!  I am a novice as well and getting ready to release docebo to our organization!

For us, we are adding materials to the Central Repository that 1) need regular updates; such as SCORM modules or video type materials, 2) can be assigned to multiple courses or Learning Plans.  That said, if a type of material only relates to one particular course (like assessments), we are adding those materials at the course level versus the CR.

I’ll be interested to see how others use the CR as well!

I hope this is helpful,

Robyne

Userlevel 3
Badge

@RobyneP how are you handling required versus optional content in your courses?

@EmilyW_Tacoma we currently use the File Repository widget at the course level to add any optional materials for review.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way to have all of the materials show up in training materials, but not make the learners take a specific one? Like if I have a video module and then I have a Q&A module and they can watch that but they don’t have to? 

The file repository sort of works, but I don’t love the UX.