Best Answer

Skills, Skill Sets, and Jobs

• 12 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m working to understand how we can leverage the Skills feature in my organization. 

I see that I can create skill sets, and add skills to the skill sets.

I see also that I can create an AI based channel that will auto-fill according to the skills associated with courses or external content (via the internet).

Two things that I am having trouble with - 

1. There is a Platform Catalog, and then I see a catalog with my company name. But I cannot seem to add anything to the catalog with my company name. 
  2. When the learner logs in and is asked to build their skills profile the first thing they are presented with is a list of jobs to choose from. Where can I find the jobs list, and can I edit that? If I’m going to use this in conjunction with our career planning programs, it would be helpful to be able to put our own job titles in for an optimum user experience.
icon

Best answer by Marco.T 13 September 2022, 10:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @JGildea 

My name is Marco and I’m the Product Manager for this area

Currently is not possible to define the list of Jobs, is a list we manage and provide, it is anyway possible for the learner to create his job, if not existing in the list. 

A feature we have in plan is to allow the admin  to define their list of job (and the list of skills linked to each job) 

We are currently in the design phase of this functionality, would be great if we can organize a call to get your feedback on the mockup we designed, if can fit your needs, if you have any suggestion based on your experience

If it is ok for you can you please contact your Account manager  asking to organize a call?

thanks 

Marco 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @JGildea 

My name is Marco and I’m the Product Manager for this area

Currently is not possible to define the list of Jobs, is a list we manage and provide, it is anyway possible for the learner to create his job, if not existing in the list. 

A feature we have in plan is to allow the admin  to define their list of job (and the list of skills linked to each job) 

We are currently in the design phase of this functionality, would be great if we can organize a call to get your feedback on the mockup we designed, if can fit your needs, if you have any suggestion based on your experience

If it is ok for you can you please contact your Account manager  asking to organize a call?

thanks 

Marco 

Please keep me updated with the skills project.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, @Marco.T 
Is this still in the design stage? We would love to learn more about its development and would be happy to speak with someone at Docebo.

Userlevel 2

@Marco.T I’m also curious - is there any progress or updates on what’s happening with creating custom jobs and skills tagged to those jobs? We’re investigating how we might use Docebo skills, but the lack of tagging skills and creating custom jobs is a downside.

Thank you!

@Marco.T  - We are very interested in creating custom jobs as well, but for now we’d like to just be able to view the entire list of job titles programmed into the platform. Is there a list of jobs that you can provide for our review? My SDM has not been able to produce a list for us. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Marco.T Can you update us about this new funcionality?

It´s a very important feature.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Marco.T - ciao. Listen the skills need some type of containership for it to matter. The idea of a skill or a skillset as a set of behaviors we would like to see in a competency is super ideal….and begins to make everything make so much more sense. Without it - we will struggle with skills as well.

Thank you so much for supporting more skills as a step one - it is a good stride in the right direction.