SSO error when using course links. (AADSTS700016)

• 4 December 2023
  • 6 replies

We are getting an error when trying to visit course links. The error displayed is AADSTS700016 Application with identifier ‘https://[our customer code].docebosaas.com/lms/index.php’ was not found in the directory…

No one has a problem logging into Docebo with SSO. The problem manifests when an employee clicks a course_link in one of the notifications originating from Docebo. We’ve also tried the sso course link but that does not work either.

The last bit of info is that our corp email does process emails and puts the course_link through an url defence system.

Has anyone else gotten this error and what was the solve? Our SSO admin has previously validated the config on our side, but I since I don’t see any chatter on this forum about that error, I’m thinking that the problem must be on our side.

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@bkokernak from what I see when I google this error code, it's not from Docebo, it's coming from the Microsoft identity provider.
Check your single sign on configuration. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I recommend opening a support ticket to get help analyzing the issue.

Userlevel 3

@bkokernak : If you think it might be related to the secure URLs, have you tried copying and pasting the URL directly in the browser? If it then work, then you might be closer to a solution here.

I would also try with different courses if only some are actually working. You might have some encoding issues, but I’ve seen that more on username than any other things - the beauty of having an “é” in your first name. 😉

Good luck with investigating this. Let us know if you’ve found the issue.

Upon further investigation, it looks like the course links are being generated with the hostname of [customercode].docebosaas.com instead of our custom domain. 

Changing the link to use our custom domain fixes the issue. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Userlevel 3

You need to check the placeholders you are using and also ensure you are triggering the notifications from the domain you wish to have in the notification. We made this mistake more than once. 😉

You need to check the placeholders you are using and also ensure you are triggering the notifications from the domain you wish to have in the notification. We made this mistake more than once. 😉

When you say placeholders, what do you mean exactly? We are using the [course_saml_link] code in email notifications and the links being generated are using customerid.docebosaas.com instead of our custom domain.