Design inspiration: Creative ways of using your platform

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Everyone!  

I have huge ideas for what I’d like to do with our platform, but I’m always interested in seeing the creative and unique ways others are using theirs.  I’d love to hear AND see cools ways you have designed, unique ideas of utilizing your channels and pages.  

One of the most helpful tools that we have used is a google calendar integrated on a separate page, that allows people to register for GoTo Training Sessions.  This was a work around after the platform stopped supporting GoTo.  I know this isn’t super creative or unique, but it has been a great help!

I’d love to hear your unique platform ideas and uses! 

53 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@rheaton did you do any custom CSS to have only one row of courses with that pagination? 

@pjosifovic you can get that single row of courses with pagination two ways:
1. if you are displaying more than one catalog in the catalog widget on a page
2. When displaying a single catalog in a catalog widget, you set the display to “Default”

We also use Comslider just like @Salvo (actually he recommended it to us a while ago, so thanks for that! We use it for our news section.

Aside from that, I like to think that we have a pretty clean menu :relaxed:

@abartunek i see this post is 2 years old but any chance you would be willing to share the code used to get the 6 boxes on screen? That is exactly what I am looking to accomplish. Looks very clean and simple.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

We also use Comslider just like @Salvo (actually he recommended it to us a while ago, so thanks for that! We use it for our news section.

Aside from that, I like to think that we have a pretty clean menu :relaxed:

@abartunek i see this post is 2 years old but any chance you would be willing to share the code used to get the 6 boxes on screen? That is exactly what I am looking to accomplish. Looks very clean and simple.

Thanks

@D.Oostergo - The base code was posted in another community discussion around the same time.  Unfortunately, whatever accompanying CSS that formatted it into the neat, contained boxes wasn’t included and I haven’t run across it.  The code pastes in large and vertical instead of horizontal with what I found. The HTML code is about halfway down this post.