Question

Navigating Onboarding

• 4 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey everyone, I am both brand new to Docebo and using an LMS. I am a behavior analyst by trade, so this is definitely not my area of specialty. I am still going through the onboarding process, but I wanted to get folks thoughts on something. My program trains others across the world and nation on crisis management strategies. We are then training them as power users to use docebo to manage their classes and records. Our thought was to create a landing page and menu for new users to enroll. After which they can either enroll in one of my teams scheduled classes or navigate to their organization’s page and menu. The latter part we have not quite figured out yet. Have any of you ever created a method or link to communicate to power users assigned to a specific branches that would allow a new user to request access to that branch? If this all sounds like a bad idea, I would also be interested in hearing your thoughts on that as well. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Seth!

When a new user signs up they are first taking a crisis management training prior to them being able to be trained as a power user?

If so, you can manage the pages and menus users are seeing by using groups.  All new users can fall under a “new user” group.  Then create a second group with a condition that all users who complete a specific training would automatically be enrolled into like a “Power user” group.  Then set up your power user training page/menu visibility to the Power User group.  

Once someone new completes the first training, they will automatically be added to your power user group, and the next time they log in, they could see whatever pages/menus to designate for power users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Seth Clark - Welcome….(you are so screwed :rofl: - just kidding just kidding).

@Annarose.Peterson has great suggestions here. Just keep in mind that because you dont have a mapping mechanism to support putting them into a PU Profile and Resources (unless I missed something???) You may want to look at 3 other things to complete the cycle:

1. a report out of the group
  2. the Automation App for loading peeps with the profile and moving a csv to somewhere in the etherwebs (see 3)
  3. and a cloud based solution for said report (like https://www.easycsv.io) to help you with mapping the learner to the profile

If you have a developer available? You may be able to do all of the via API

And? If you look into Docebo Connect? They maybe able to complete the cycle for you as well.

Userlevel 2

Good afternoon everyone,

@Annarose.Peterson and @dklinger - thank you for the quick responses and suggestions.

@dklinger - I think I realized I was screwed day one. This is a whole new world and I have a limited budget and small team. I also had to convince my organization to use docebo instead of their current platform, workday, because of their far superior extended enterprise set-up. However, because of this, I don’t have access to the hospital’s resources or developers. So it looks like this behavior analyst is on his own. 

@Annarose.Peterson I believe your suggestion should get at my first problem, but not my second. In hindsight, I should have given some context. I am able to set up groups and automations for someone who goes through training provided by me. However, I would really like for automations to be managed without my involvement. The idea is this - Company A comes to me for training. I plan on allowing them to sign up for docebo freely without moderation. From there, they would sign up for scheduled courses. During that time, I will set up their organization's page. Similar to your suggestion, upon completion they would be reassigned as power users for their organization’s page (a page includes their own branch, group, page, menu, and course catalogue). ← I can’t believe i just typed that and knew what it meant :-)  My idea is that they can then share with the staff in their organization a link to register for docebo. This new user from Company A would start in the general landing page. Once there, I would like them to be able to find a way to get to their organization’s page without my involvement. Think like a button they press that communicates with their organization’s power user to request access. This power user would then approve their access and add them to their branch. Thus, allowing them to register for Company A’s course catalogues. I cannot automate this based on a group or it circumvents the landing page. Which is a problem if i have future powers users that need my training or if I am training a brand new organization that does not exist. I also have zero band width, so uploading or approving records is not in the stars. Hope this all makes sense.