Best Answer

Has anyone written CSS to reduce the margins on the video upload page (or training materials page)?

• 27 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I tried the following which did not work. 

div.course-edit_main #legacy-wrapper-iframe body > div.container {
    margin-left: 50px;
    margin-right: 50px;
}

It is in an iframe, but the following edits, also in the same iframe, worked fine as you can see:

#player-uploader-wrapper > div:nth-child(8) > div.controls {
    height: 100px!important;
}
#mceu_22, #mceu_22-body {
    height: 98px!important;
}
#mceu_33, #mceu_33 #file-description_ifr {
    height: 33px !important;
}

.docebo-progress {
    transform: scaleY(4.0);
}

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 27 December 2022, 22:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I mean, realistically, is there a reason to bother editing these pages? It just adds to your maintenance overhead in the long run for something end users shouldn’t end up seeing? I get you have strong preferences in style, but just cuz you can doesn’t always mean you should :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

More of a curiosity thing I suppose!

Many of our customers are power users, though, and create courses. That process isn’t always the most user friendly...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

understood, but not sure the width of the column is the needed solve to make it more user friendly.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

its a pretty straightforward change if you want it:

.container {
width: 90%;
}

You have to change the width, not the margin as the margin is set to auto fit to center. Keep in mind there are several media queries related to it as well that may overide or need to be set individually for different situations.

Also, not sure what else is impacted by that class, it is a pretty broad name, and there is not a lot of other identifiers on the iframed page to make it more specific.

Also, also, that setup by names is a legacy setup…..so will probably be impacted by updates and cause maintenance issues sooner than later :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is a very global sounding change. I probably want to be specific yeah.

Here’s another page commonly accessed-by-users page with the same concern:

And yeah, I can’t wait for those legacy pages to be updated and changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So happy with this change. I don’t want to jinx it but so far so good!