I created a chrome extension to show user ID code

• 11 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello admins,

Docebo has hidden the user ID codes from us for some reason. However, if you use the API, this information is required quite often. To address this issue, I have created a Chrome extension that displays the unique user ID on the user management page.

If you want to install you follow the steps:

1. Install Tampermonkey extension via this link
  2. Click on Create a new script
  3. Copy and paste this code into it

4. Click on File > Save

Enjoy!

Leandro

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very nice and THANK YOU for having your fellow super admins backs, but I use Firefox :-) … any chance for some tips as to how to configure Firefox?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very nice and THANK YOU for having your fellow super admins backs, but I use Firefox :-) … any chance for some tips as to how to configure Firefox?

Hi, @Leandro … I ventured forth to try your steps in Firefox, and I was able to install Tapermonkey, and to create the script. Unfortunately, I don’t get the new column in Users.

Do I need to update the ===User Script=== section with the relevant data for my Docebo instance?

@KMallette if you just update the @match line to your (sub)domain, it should work it did for me. Also try it in Chrome.

Thanks @Leandro this is awesome!

Userlevel 1

Yes, thanks, Kris!

I forgot to mention that you need to change the Domain to your LMS URL:

That is why the script takes your URL and adds manage/users, which is the page we are modifying. 

About Firefox:

It should also work on Firefox. The code should work for both, but I haven’t tested it yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

About Firefox:

It should also work on Firefox. The code should work for both, but I haven’t tested it yet. 

@Leandro  I can confirm that it works in Firefox, AND that you can use xxxxx.docebosaas.com as the URL. Just don’t remove the /* at the end of the URL. I didn’t see that at first, and so it obviously failed.😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Leandro Just a further comment … it appears that the script goes wonky when you go to Page 2ff of any search results. I am using Firefox

No response/fix expected… just wanted to post what I found. It is an extraordinarily helpful script overall.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

... To address this issue, I have created a Chrome extension that displays the unique user ID on the user management page.

Excellent work and very helpful to the community!