Best Answer

Micrsoft Teams - Meeting vs. Event

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I searched but could not find the explination between these 2 options when setting up new account for Microsoft Teams. Any idea on this?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 24 August 2022, 20:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mlubenski hope you find this useful: 

This also depends on what type of account you have but a Meeting type is your standard get together, invite others and interact, etc.,, while Events are mostly for one-sided broadcasting live events..I think in your case, if it’s for training sessions, you would go with Meeting type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Concur the above.

Generally what I find is if you don’t know what a Teams Event type is, you probably don’t have the license for it :)

Meetings are what most people use in Teams for trainings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

right but you need to be careful when configuring otherwise it will not work properly...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Totally agree with the above answers. We have events in our enterprise license but we don’t use them for training and when we worked with our IT team around the Azure pieces we opted to only use meetings. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks all!!
I was in the mind set of Docebo Events, not Microsoft Events. I was then struggling to think, well shouldn’t meetings be Sessions?

Thanks for the clarification!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks all!!
I was in the mind set of Docebo Events, not Microsoft Events. I was then struggling to think, well shouldn’t meetings be Sessions?

Thanks for the clarification!

Definitely a potential small improvement “Teams Session Type” or eliminate Session to avoid confusion and like “Teams License Type” or something similar, total point of confusion for sure.