Best Answer

Slack Integration API permissions

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi folks,

Slack is very heavily used and preferred as a method of communication for most of our employees, so getting the Slack integration up and running is important for us. However, our security team won’t approve as the Docebo Slack integration asks for too much access (ie access to all private channels) and they weren’t comfortable allowing it. 

Is it possible in the next version of the Slack integration to allow for custom permissions or other way to manage access to our internal systems? This will allow us to take advantage of this feature and make the lives of our employees (and L&D) much easier. 

Thanks,

Kirk

icon

Best answer by John 10 August 2023, 15:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @kirkdavies,

Understandable on the IT stance around permission. Admittedly, the current Slack app and integration for Docebo is more or less all or nothing on the permissions. While the Slack app is free, there is an alternative (paid) option you could investigate with your CSM and AM that could provide more flexibility.

For example, some customers using Docebo Connect (iPaaS API middleware) have been able to create integrated recipes that manage events as well as messaging/notification between Docebo and Slack.

Right now, there is no “out of the box” Docebo Connect + Slack integration but our teams are happy to work with you to define your scenario(s) and address feasibility based on your needs/requirements.

Thanks John. We actually do have Docebo Connect, but getting time with IT to help build it out is a challenge, so was hoping there might be something else on the horizon with the existing app.

I’ll keep our spot in the queue with IT to have this built out in the meantime.

😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Most welcome, Kirk! It might be worthwhile to discuss further with your CSM how you may be able to achieve this integration. The thought being that since we do have some internal working models for what other customers have done with Docebo < > Slack recipes, you could gain a starting point that may lessen the burden your IT has to carry.

Granted it’s a specific case scenario that was requested, the options could be expanded or extrapolated easily to accommodate other Docebo platform functionality you may want to leverage in the recipes (e.g. more Docebo APIs and hooks).

This may be helpful in your journey to quantify effort and make the case with your IT team. 
Below, a snippet of a Solution Blueprint on the possibilities with Connect, and Slack connector (client data removed):

Thanks John, I’ll explore this and let my CSM know. I”m doing a lot of API poking around these days, so hopefully I’ll be up and running soon enough. 😀