Zoom issues

• 21 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4

So we have our Zoom integration setup and it is paired as we would expect. And when I create an ILT with sessions and then events and choose the Zoom integration, we do get the button and students as well as the instructor can enter the meeting, but they enter the meeting as the person who originally setup the Zoom integration. So everyone who joins, joins as the one person….it is a party of one with multiple connections :)

Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@gcrawford88 have you looked at your registrations in Zoom to see if their names are being captured at all? Correctly. I think you would need to try and pin down the system that may be causing these issues...It may not be on the Docebo end. Just a thought….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Which version of the zoom integration are you using? I believe there are two, the behavior you describe sound slike the old one to me.

Userlevel 4

V2 and issue is on the Docebo side apparently. At least the support team says that is working as expected.

Are you all using Zoom? How do you have yours configured?

Userlevel 2

@gcrawford88 -- We are experiencing the same issue.
Did you managed to receive an answer / solve this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We do not have our Zoom integration set up yet but that is on the agenda so I am curious about how this played out as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have been waiting for the improved version that handles attendance that we helped design before rolling out the real integration. For now we mainly use the custom link and use known zoom links with password encoded to get in. 

Userlevel 2

@Bfarkas What do mean by custom link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When you go to create an iLT session and event, on the event level there is a “video conference tool” checkbox to turn it into a viLT where you would pick the integration you wish to use, but there is a custom option on that list which basically lets you put any URL and is where users are directed when they click the join button. 

Userlevel 3

I’ve been struggling through the Zoom integration for about the last 3 weeks (MS Teams too, but that’s for another thread.)  Here’s what I have learned: Docebo can’t/won’t make these integrations work globally across the organization.  I had the same problem as others here - I built out the integration on the Zoom side as well as on the Docebo side. I designated the account I wanted to use the integration with when I built it out on the Docebo side, but the actual instructor-led-training events kept getting created in my personal meeting room in Zoom. Very peculiar because I didn’t put my Zoom account name into the integration.  With much back-and-forth a Docebo support rep finally suggested I log into Zoom using the account I actually wanted to have the training events getting assigned to, and build out the integration from inside of there.  I did this, and after re-creating the integration on the Docebo side using the newly created integration credentials, the problem resolved.  

In other words... this means that you must create the integration for each person you’d like to be able to designate as the instructor. You must log into Zoom under the user’s credentials and build the integration there, then you must create it over on the Docebo side.  If you have 10 instructors, you have to build the integration out on both sides 10 times.  

I’ll readily admit I’m not an expert in LMS feature sets. But, I have been doing a lot of integration work lately (and I am an IT pro with 20+ years’ experience) and I haven’t encountered anything in the are of integration which is quite so tedious as this, being down to having to build an individual integration for every user who wants to use it.  

The MS Teams integration is pretty similarly tedious, by the way.