Best Answer

Zoom Webinar Integration - Does Docebo have to create the zoom webinar?

• 14 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Does Docebo always CREATE the webinar in zoom? We will definitely have a major issue with this. We have a few different templates in zoom that we use depending on a few situations with tons of different settings.  

Every other system I’ve integrated with zoom webinar or meeting has me setup the zoom webinar FIRST and then add the webinar ID number to the other system (like Docebo).  

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 14 April 2023, 03:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you want to go that route, you could just use the “custom” option instead of the proper Zoom integration when you select the virtual type. This basically gives you a URL field to put any link into. so you can just put the join link of your webinar that is already setup. 

Pros/Cons to both approaches. 

Userlevel 1

If you want to go that route, you could just use the “custom” option instead of the proper Zoom integration when you select the virtual type. This basically gives you a URL field to put any link into. so you can just put the join link of your webinar that is already setup. 

Pros/Cons to both approaches. 

Thank you so much.  I will have to try it out and see if that works.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The custom link option will work with any site or link created via various meeting tools like Zoom, Teams, Webex, etc.; We have a few admins who prefer this method to having Docebo create the events via the integration. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a join link vs. the register link in zoom webinar.  Haven't done that before.  I'll test everything but I'm thinking that zoom won't have any way of knowing who attended...which may be okay because I'll have that reporting in Docebo?  Appreciate the support and I'll keep you posted.

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can use the register link, that way folks can register and you can gather any info you may want specific to the event, again pros/cons to each approach.

Info won’t be autofilled by any means, the custom setup is literally just any URL and pointing the user to it. I make custom webpages to point people at on them all the time for various reasons for example. (One of these is actually specifically for this, whereby the user never sees the page, and it auto-registers them to the Zoom webinar/meeting using Docebo data in the background so that the attendance reports match docebo usernames perfectly and makes it easy to then run a process after the event to mark attendance based on time in attendance, and not just clicks, its pretty cool)

Docebo will know who click the button to join, but not how long they have been in the Zoom session or anything along those lines.

One thing to remember, when it comes to a Zoom Webinar, if you use registration or not, there in effect is always a slight registration, as users are required to enter a name and email to join, now is that data perfect? no, but helps out a bit. If doing a meeting format, slightly different story.

Userlevel 5
Badge

After a pilot test period, we are looking at turning off our Zoom v.3 integration and using the Custom Tool option. The only negatives I can think of are as below:

1. Have to take the time to create a meeting in Zoom and copy the link and bring it into Docebo
  2. Cannot use the “Attendance based on percentage of time in event” feature to track attendance in Docebo

Is there any other downside that you can think of?

Thanks!