Best Answer

Annual Compliance Training

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone!

My company has recently joined the Docebo team and we just launched our first compliance training. Is there a way we can set the course up so that employees are automatically enrolled in a year? What is the best practice for yearly training? If there is a way to set up some sort of rule that could do that where would it be done?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 19 March 2024, 23:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@yatzirireyes - you are asking a type of loaded question - and it may be best to answer in a vague way to start.

Things to consider:

• How were you monitoring yearly training in the past?
  • Are your courses shelf stable?
  • Do you need the historical records for your auditing needs?

Beyond that:

There are really two overarching best practices/themes in learning management to meet yearly training needs:

1. you publish course(s) yearly and retire the older courses at a cadence. Some may consider that to be working within a window for incumbent employees to be eligible for training.
  2. you publish a course where people are getting recertified in a “roaming” type of way. And upon their next year with the organization, they complete a course on a yearly basis.

Typically, both work with the idea of automatically enrolling employees that are new hires.

Both are legit. Both have their downsides. One is a bit more auditable (in my opinion). One can feel more automated but is not perfectly there yet within Docebo (IMHO) unless you adopt a specific recipe.

I can tell you talking to auditors, they would just want to make sure your book of business is meeting the need as you select an approach. Be prepared to answer - “show me”.

I hope this helps to anchor you better.