API Help - PowerBI and Learning Plan Courses Table - stale data

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey all,

I have an Integrations Team who has been working on exporting Docebo data and importing into PowerBI. After several months of working on this, we found an issue that we can’t seem to overcome and are looking for assistance. I’m reaching out to the community before I go to support because I figure there might be some smart individuals out there who already encountered this. 

Here’s the scenario:

A Learning Plan is created and Courses Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie are added. Data is exported into PowerBI, and the “Learning Plan Courses Table” shows courses Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie are all associated with the Learning Plan. One month later, courses Alpha and Bravo have been deprecated, but Delta was added. 
All users who were enrolled in the LP when Alpha and Bravo were in the LP are still enrolled in both courses -- we’ll call these users Team 1. When looking at the “Learning Plan Courses Table”, the Integrations team still sees Alpha and Bravo associated with that LP. This should not be the case since Alpha and Bravo were removed from the LP. Courses Charlie and Delta are also associated with the LP in the table, which is correct.

The problem is, when we go to create reports for that Learning Plan, it still pulls Alpha and Bravo for Team 1 because they were enrolled in the LP when Alpha and Bravo were in the LP. Users who enroll in the LP later do not have this issue as they are not automatically enrolled in to Alpha and Bravo, only into Charlie and Delta.

The ask from the integrations team is how can we update this table, “Learning Plan Courses Table” to remove those old references? Is it possible to do via API?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dhall Do you actually remove Alpha and Bravo from the LP when you deprecate them? If you don’t, then I think they will always be in the Learning Plan Table.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@KMallette , that is correct. We remove from the Learning Plan and confirm both in Course Properties and in Learning Plan Properties that the courses no longer exist.

I spoke with someone from my Operations team today and they believe the Integrations team may have botched the API calls because we checked the data against Salesforce and it is accurate.

This was the information I regarding how we get the data into PowerBI: “We pull it direct from Docebo into Replica”. I’m not familiar with Replica, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep Replica up-to-date, ideas would be greatly appreciated!