Question

Best way to stop users from requesting self-registration with a non-work account e.g., gmail.com or yahoo.com etc.?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have self-registration with admin approval required on our platform. We receive 1 or 2 users per day who, even though I edited the localization string for the self-reg form instructions to state that a work email is required, we still see the requests. 

Is there a way to disable certain email domains (gmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc.)? I know we can limit to only allow certain domains - that wouldn’t work in my use case. We need the opposite of that - to filter out specific domains.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mark  I have the same issue with my self-registration, and have not found a solution other than repeated ‘communication’ messages.  Continually rejecting these non-work address accounts with a note to say that the email domain is not permitted should help word-of-mouth to get around to other users at those same companies that want to register.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @KMallette. I’m thinking we’re going to go with custom styles targeting the header elements on the registration form, e.g. 

Best I can do : (

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup, same issue here...the problem is Docebo only gives us the option to ADD approved domains where what we need a field of domains that are approved...seems it’s built backwards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I wonder if the ‘Email (Required)’ is in the localization file to update to specifiy too as unfortunately I doubt people will bother reading that text at the top. COuld update it to like ‘Business Email (jdoe@bussiness.com)’ or similar. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Beat them with a stick.

🤣

I turned on the branch code to be required.

That cuts down on the noise in our self registration scenario to only the people that it remains in context with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

By the way? You can leverage your localization file to establish a custom message for people.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Beat them with a stick.

🤣

Seems like a lot of paperwork….. 🙃

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

yup, same issue here...the problem is Docebo only gives us the option to ADD approved domains where what we need a field of domains that are approved...seems it’s built backwards.

Hello @lrnlab , I have some users with not business e-mail. The LMS notification sends email to hotmail, Outlook, and others e-mail providers, but to gmail is not possible. Do you have any tips do solve it? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@msantos - let me try this one? One of the options for self registration is that you can allow self registration to be moderated. Only after they are approved, then they can gain access to the system.

Will that work for you????

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@msantos- let me try this one? One of the options for self registration is that you can allow self registration to be moderated. Only after they are approved, then they can gain access to the system.

@dklinger, sorry but my post is not related to self registration, but to LMS Notification send e-mails to gmail e-mail provider.. When I created the notification, learners with emails providers  hotmail.com  or outlook.com received the notification, but people that have a email provider gmail.com, did not receive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos - I receive notifications to my gmail account just fine.

Are you sure it is not getting caught up in their spam/junk folder?

Are you getting undeliverable notices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@msantos- let me try this one? One of the options for self registration is that you can allow self registration to be moderated. Only after they are approved, then they can gain access to the system.

@dklinger, sorry but my post is not related to self registration, but to LMS Notification send e-mails to gmail e-mail provider.. When I created the notification, learners with emails providers  hotmail.com  or outlook.com received the notification, but people that have a email provider gmail.com, did not receive.

Understood - I was out of context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@msantos - I receive notifications to my gmail account just fine.

Are you sure it is not getting caught up in their spam/junk folder?

Are you getting undeliverable notices?

Same, have gmail being delivered fine regularly, might want to see if Docebo can provide any insight if it is consistently failing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @Bfarkas , I made some test, and I received in my gmail corporate account but not in my personal gmail.

I tested with others gmail not corporate email, and anyone received it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That seems really weird, we don’t get tracing unfortunately, have not had issues with either type before. Might want to ask support if they can have a tech do some type of tracing.