Best Answer

Channels: issue with invitations and notifications

• 11 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has anyone else run into issues when using Channels and the “New Invitations and Subscriptions” Widget? We recently ramped up our usage, only to quickly find out our notifications were not sending all the time and the new items were not consistently displaying in the “New Invitations and Subscriptions” widget as we wanted.  

It has taken me weeks to figure out the issues, but I think I have finally wrapped my head around what is happening.

There are two ways to invite/share an asset with someone, both have different results:

This process ends with no notification sending but the employee being enrolled to view the asset.  

1. Click the Gear Icon
  2. Channels
  3. Select a Channel, click Content, select an asset to assign
    1. or go right to Assets Tab, then select an asset to assign
  4. Click Shared with
  5. Share, add individual or group, click share
  6. Name will be added to the “Shared with” list, but no notification will send. 

The other way to share/invite. This process ends with the notification being sent, but the employee not being enrolled to watch the asset. 

1. Navigate to any asset within the platform
  2. Click invite to watch button in upper right portion of screen
  3. Add user/group
  4. Click Invite
  5. Notification will send, but go back to the asset in your platform and you will see the employee is not enrolled into the asset or listed on the “Shared with” list. 

I have a ticket in (with video) to explain this process, but my question is. Am I misunderstanding the use case here? Or do you have to do both processes to get the notification and enrollment?

We want to make sure that our staff are “trackable” so not having them enrolled is an issue, but on the flip side, if the notifications doesn’t trigger, they have no idea they have been invited to watch an item! 

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 1 December 2021, 02:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Steph! I agree that this is strange behavior and doesn’t seem like intended functionality. I created a support ticket from this post on your behalf so that our support team has visibility into this issue in the community. I welcome any others who have faced a similar issue to chime in on this thread so that we can collect as much information as possible.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Adam Ballhaussen Thanks! I did get a notification from Eli Janney that he has merged the ticket I had with a few others. If you want to reference anything the ticket numbers are #151033 and  #147724. 

For anyone who comes across this the last update I received from Docebo states: 

I believe the issue you're referring to is in fact a defect and not a misunderstanding of product functionality.

So hopefully, they will get a fix in place and push out the solution sooner rather than later! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you @Stephanie Dreiling! I’ll do my best to provide updates on this thread as well for anyone else who might run into the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Steph! I wanted to circle back on this thread for you and any others who might be following. I confirmed with internal teams that this is indeed a bug and our teams are working on a fix. I will provide another update here as soon as we have more information! You should also receive updates on the ticket itself.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Was this fixed? Might explain a few issues we’re having if not

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Lucy.blake this issue was resolved and the tickets mentioned in the thread were closed. My previous reply inaccurately stated that we had confirmed this was indeed a bug. After further investigation from our support team, we realized that the issue was due to a specific notification not being configured.

There are two notifications you need to set up to ensure that notifications send for both the Share and Invite to watch options for assets:

• For the Share option, configure the New Content Shared with You notification 
  • For the Invite to watch option, configure the New To Watch invitation notification

The Managing and Sending Notifications should help you configure these notifications. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Big thanks to @Stephanie Dreiling for investigating this initially and starting this thread!