Best Answer

"Data Expiration Hours" Report Updates

• 2 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Something has been brought to my attention and I’m hoping I can get some help finding how to change it.  Recently we created a new group then applied it to a custom report.  Then we ran the report and nothing showed up.  When we reached out to get help about it we were told that the data only refreshed every 4 hours due to a setting in our platform. 

As noted in the KB, Data Refreshes, Data displayed in the reports is not in real-time, but instead runs atmost 12 times per day, depending on the setting of the platform. For you, this is every 4 hours:

?name=image.png

This means that, even if a report is manually extracted, it will still check if 4 hours since the last data refresh has occurred, before refreshing again.”

First off I have to say how frustrating this is, especially when we had been told the newest update meant  the data would refresh in real time when a report was extracted.  But that aside, I just want to know where to find this “Data Expiration Hours” setting.  I’ve searched through Advanced Settings and cannot find it.  Can anyone help me with this?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 2 August 2023, 15:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

not sure where that screen shot is from but it’s not something we as customers have access to…

also note that the data refresh only occurs when and if there is new data. If no new transactions have been posted since the last refresh, there is no refresh done.