Skip to main content

Does anyone know if it’s possible to generate a deeplink directly to the course player? (Skipping the enrollment / catalog page altogether)

I’m able to retrieve this link from the console when I open the course preview but this link only remains active for a short time (less than 24 hours). Wondering if there’s a setting to make it persist or generate a URL from the API that always plays the course content immediately. 

Thanks!

Just cross referencing the other thread where we discussed this for future folk:

Also there’s a spreadsheet you can download and use that will convert the course URLs that are generated when you preview a course and convert them to the pre-enrolled link. 

@pmo you have to make sure to turn on the function for the course though right? Since it is not on by default, or does that not matter?

Ah my apologies! I believe I misunderstood the original ask. I thought this was just looking for a link that always works regardless of the enrollment status. I’m not sure my post above will be helpful. 

Ah Yeah, It would be cool to be able to generate a usable link to the direct SCORM package in a clean browser window, I get its not a primary use case, but some workaround scenarios have come up over time that it would be perfect for. I do the enrollment plus auto launch currently which works well until they complete it the first time, then the auto launch doesn’t happen.