Best Answer

Do you know any Guidance on how to create a report on survey results?

Userlevel 3
  • Influencer I
  • 42 replies

One of my colleagues has created a survey using the Docebo tools and would like to know how to create a report to download the results.  

I haven’t yet explored this area and wondered if anyone else has any experience in this and could point us to the appropriate information/articles/help topics.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sean

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 25 August 2022, 20:38

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sean you can find survey results under the Reports tab of your courses…

• Goto Reports
  • Choose Training Material Statistics
  • Locate the Survey object and click it
  • you will see the roll up responses and be able to download the report

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128919-Creating-and-Managing-A-Course-Survey#subtitle-11

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

One more thing to add here - surveys in Docebo are anonymous by default. If you want to be able to see who said what in an extract in this area, be sure to add self-identifying questions to the survey itself. You can ask for their name, email address, etc. so it attaches those data points to the row for that response. I work with quite a few customers who have deployed this method as they want to be able to follow-up with users depending on what their feedback is. It’s not perfect as obviously someone could put in whatever they want for those questions but most people type their real name and email, not their alter ego! 😆

Userlevel 3

Hey @lrnlab, thanks so much for the REALLY QUICK answer - amazing!

I’d browsed the report area of the Course Management page, but hadn’t spotted the Training Material Statistics tab (doh!).  That’s really useful to see.

All the best

Sean

Userlevel 3

One more thing to add here - surveys in Docebo are anonymous by default. If you want to be able to see who said what in an extract in this area, be sure to add self-identifying questions to the survey itself. You can ask for their name, email address, etc. so it attaches those data points to the row for that response. I work with quite a few customers who have deployed this method as they want to be able to follow-up with users depending on what their feedback is. It’s not perfect as obviously someone could put in whatever they want for those questions but most people type their real name and email, not their alter ego! 😆

Hey @jamie.morgan, thanks for that information, that’s very useful!  I didn’t know that the surveys would be anonymous by default, and that’s certainly a good workaround to get the contact information.

All the best

Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Keep in mind that even if you add self-identifying questions, since the survey results are rollup only, you will not know who answered what. We are hoping to see some improvements on surveys soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Keep in mind that even if you add self-identifying questions, since the survey results are rollup only, you will not know who answered what. We are hoping to see some improvements on surveys soon.

That’s actually not true - you can see who answered what if you export it to Excel. You’d go into the Reports tab for the course, then click on Training Materials Statistics, then select the survey. You’re right that the display there is rollup, but if you click on download to Excel it gives you the row by row which attaches the self-identifying question to that response - see below for some screenshots.

Is there a way to get this report sent on a regular basis or do you only have the option to manually go to the course to get the information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Since the survey reports are only available via the course there is no way to schedule these at the moment 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

What he said! ^^ 😁

I generally just set a recurring calendar reminder to go pull it so I don’t forget if you want to send the data to others on a particular cadence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We needed need to be able to connect our surveys with the specific sessions and the person that filled it out, so we had to pay for a custom report built by Docebo. The project has been going on since February. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We needed need to be able to connect our surveys with the specific sessions and the person that filled it out, so we had to pay for a custom report built by Docebo. The project has been going on since February. 

Makes sense. You could ask them for the session date and/or instructor name as a data field in the survey as well to get it on the export mentioned above but you’re relying on the user to enter correct information so not as “good” as what you mentioned. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Makes sense. You could ask them for the session date and/or instructor name as a data field in the survey as well to get it on the export mentioned above but you’re relying on the user to enter correct information so not as “good” as what you mentioned. 

lol, I originally wanted to go the route you suggested, but that didn’t fly with my stakeholders, so an SOW became the answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So I am investigating the feasibility of making a FarkTool that would basically let you download the survey results and letting you schedule them as well to be emailed regularly. The trouble I am having is that since I don’t typically use surveys in Docebo, not sure the intricacies. Anyone willing to share a couple of their surveys as examples of what you are typically using/seeing?