Best Answer

E-Signature

• 10 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone use the E-Signature for signing documents in 

Docebo.  

We are trying to figure out a way to have employees sign things in Employee Onboarding like the employee handbook.

Any thoughts?

LR

icon

Best answer by dklinger 11 August 2022, 03:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What about using an observation checklist that the assigned manager reviews?

Would something like that meet your requirement?

Approved observer sees that handbook is signed, checks it off...etc

How about an assignment and they have to upload a picture or PDF of the signed form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LauraRae although we don’t actively use it, I have it running in our sandbox. What would you like to know?

Userlevel 1

I think I answered my own question with my HR team.  We have documents that we need signed and I was trying to see if we could use the E-Signature for that.  But we are going to have to download and them upload.  

Thanks for your Reply.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LauraRae so you're thinking about using an Assignment? If you need to capture a physical signature, then this might be the best option for you. Not everyone likes eSig’s and the digital signatures...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@LauraRae - good evening.

Your approach is intriguing - and creates an interesting challenge because someone is going to have to look at those assignments is my understanding.

Can you describe a little more of what you are trying to achieve?

An asychronous experience - where the user can check a box to signify that they have done something...can be very straight forward to do. In a web based course, using an authoring tool? Or even an assessment within a 100% built Docebo course? You can emulate the experience of an e-signature with a checkbox in a question type of multiple choice multi select and you write the answer with some text that makes the person understand what they are attesting to. You force that assessment to be “unpassable” unless they get a 100% grade and they can have infinite attempts to get it right?...and you have a simplified eSig experience.

If your rules are very strict about that signature, the e-signature module that Docebo supports meets Fed Requirements and is reinforced with a multfactor approach.

Are you all ok with the workflow you all have come to?

Userlevel 3
Badge

the user can check a box to signify that they have done something

We do this. Our courses will usually have 2 or 3 training materials,

• HTML page - instructions on how to complete the course
  • Slides Converter - if it’s a policy or file review, we’ll upload a PDF of it as a slide
  • SCORM - a very simple form with only a “yes” checkbox. If the user submits the form, then they have “signed off” and the course is marked as complete (end object marker)

This has been working well for us so far, since we’re not overly strict on signatures here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

the user can check a box to signify that they have done something

We do this. Our courses will usually have 2 or 3 training materials,

• HTML page - instructions on how to complete the course
  • Slides Converter - if it’s a policy or file review, we’ll upload a PDF of it as a slide
  • SCORM - a very simple form with only a “yes” checkbox. If the user submits the form, then they have “signed off” and the course is marked as complete (end object marker)

This has been working well for us so far, since we’re not overly strict on signatures here.

Yeah this is nice and works well if its just a manager asking for proof, but won’t fly for almost any enforcement agency.