Best Answer

How many data refreshes do you get a month?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

Data refresh hasn’t been working so I opened a ticket. In reply they just sent a KB article that lead to a new question. Remember that you can refresh on demand the data of your reports up to a limited number of times per day and a limited number of times a month (n times in January, n times in February, etc.).  Anyone know how many refreshes we get a month or how to find out?  

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 11 April 2022, 15:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It says that Enterprise plan customers have daily automatic refreshes and those not on Enterprise plans will see the number of refreshes remaining...do you see this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yeah that shows for the day, which is 1.  But it says you get a limited amount per month. Where do we find that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@BHDan well isn't that silly...I would reach out to support with the KB article and ask where you can see this information on your site and if it is as you show above, they need to update the KB article to reflect this. You can also reach out to your Account Manager. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m trying. Support replied to my question with a snippet if the article by sending the full paragraph lol.  I’ll try the account manager if support doesn’t have a real answer today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I usually challenge the support team when I get these types of replies...they're usually pretty receptive when it comes to gaps or unclear info in the KB articles...ultimately you as a customer need to know this information so don't be shy to press them on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Feels like this data refresh limitation needs to be looked at and they are trying to not keep highlighted, in the long run I wonder if a move towards system admins have several options like hourly, bi-daily, daily, weekly, etc. for refreshes on the report level and there’s limits on the quantity of each type to force users to think about what they are asking for and manage the runs, might balance the user needs and the resource/data needs of docebo over todays set up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Right but keep in mind that this changes for Enterprise plan clients who get automatic daily refreshes. Only our sandbox must be kicked off manually and may have the same restrictions as the basic plan clients...I’d have to check on that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, I do but that daily is a restriction for a lot of uses which is why I was thinking about ways to manage the resource vs. uses balance a bit better. I do think most peoples reactions of just wanting more for all reports unreasonable and if there were limits at the type at the report level would require thought of what is the purpose of the report and what is realistically needed  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Understand...the limitation to run reports from a background server rather than in real time is not unusual as real time reports do tend to bog down systems especially on shared tenancies. I’ve seen many LMS companies move to this format in order to improve report performance but at the cost of not being able to access data in real time. That said, I do like that Docebo offers the old Reports still and that using the on-screen views is always in real time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup totally understand and why none of the choices I was offering were trully real time. The issues that exist with the old reports point to the exact issue with everything being real time. That’s why I was thinking of a queue cost to the different levels and avoiding needing to do full data refreshes for a report that only needs certain data rather than focusing on those tables exclusively. The problem now is, you have old reports which have significant limitations but can run on autopilot, new reports which have great options but can only auto run once per day, and the api which does not support everything and is significantly limited to reccomended runs of 1k per hour across all items per IP which is a very low run rate and managing requires not doing other solutions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How about being able to schedule the 4 daily refreshes so that you could get to a quarterly for new reports? The automation is the main issue for me.